Franklin Graham on Ukraine Unrest: ‘Pray for Peace’

By   •   February 24, 2014

kiev

The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has a long history in Ukraine. In 1988, Billy Graham preached in its capital, Kiev, three years before the end of Soviet rule.

In 2007, Franklin Graham held a three-day evangelistic Festival at Olympic Stadium in Kiev, where more than 124,000 heard the Gospel message live and over 100,000 more heard it throughout Ukraine via satellite broadcast.

So it was no surprise that Franklin Graham took to social media late last week to ask for prayer for Ukraine, dealing with months of political unrest, which has recently escalated.

“I am saddened to see the violence escalate in the Ukraine,” Franklin Graham posted on Facebook. “This part of the world has a very special place in my heart—My father and I have both preached in Kiev.

“I spoke there in 2007 and Samaritan’s Purse has distributed Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes to millions of children there. Pray for peace for this troubled region and for the innocent civilians caught in the turmoil. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God” (Matt. 5:9).”

Franklin Graham took to Facebook again on Feb. 27 to continue to ask for prayer and applaud Ukraine’s recent decision:

“I am encouraged to see that Baptist preacher Oleksandr Turchynov has been named as Ukraine’s acting president. The country is at a crossroads with the East pulling one direction and the West pulling another. Pray that God will give them wisdom and that there will be no more bloodshed.”

Follow Franklin Graham on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

kiev

1. Patti Malanaphy says:

All people must take a stand to protect our, and others freedom. We must continue to pray and be dilligent about what is happening all over the world. God loves us all and we must not fail him.
    Patti

2. JoAnn Johnson says:

We have a very good friend from Ukraine and her dad is visiting with her now for a couple of months. But, he has been so distraught about the situation there. All of her family is still there. Praying for the new president and for Jesus to intervene in the lives of many in the Ukraine.

3. Shahbaz Aziel says:

In the name of the lord Jesus Christ, who take care of us, we should prayer for the unrest peace of Ukrain , and also all over the world. The almighty God, created us for love and peace . So its our heavenly duty to promote love , give love to each other on the beautiful earth planet. lets read the bible and act upon the teaching and teaching of the lord Jesus Christ. save this world through the word of God. Amen God bless every nations. and God shower his blessings specially on BEGA team. Amen

4. Mary says:

Praying for this Baptist preacher that he will be and stand strong and lead this country into freedom and righteousness in JESUS Christ.

5. Louise Montoya Barber says:

Thanking God for the new President. Praying for revival and for the Christians to be sharing the Gospel as newer before, with great boldness. Praying for those hearing the Gospel to turn their lives over to Christ! May God be merciful to the Ukrainian people!

6. Stanislav Šplíchal says:

Milujeme ukrajínské lidi – bratry a sestry,protože je to Boží zákon LÁSKY!!! Shalom-1.Kor.13k !!! Love the Ukrainian people – brothers and sisters, because it is God’s law of love!! Shalom-1.Kor.13k!!

7. shelia says:

I am praying for peace.a group of missionaries from my area are going to that area I May.I pray all will be settled down soon.

8. Dorothy Baskin says:

My tears fall for these innocent people and pray for peace for their country.

9. Tina Bryant says:

I will be praying for the Ukraine. Also praying for you father. May God bless you both!

10. pst solomon achor says:

I stand in agreement with you that peace shall return to Keiv in the name of Jesus,amen.