Franklin Graham: Duck Dynasty and the Ducking Church

By   •   January 3, 2014

robertson

I appreciate the Robertson family’s strong commitment to biblical principles and their refusal to back down under intense media pressure over Phil Robertson’s comments in a recent interview. As the Robertson controversy winds down—at least for now—I have been amazed at how many churches have apparently “ducked” out on the issue (sin). Some were even quick to condemn Phil Robertson.

If we Christians banded together and took a stand, perhaps we wouldn’t be losing so much ground in what the media is calling the “cultural war.” However, it is not a cultural war—it is a religious war against Christians and the biblical truths we stand for. Some churches have fallen into the trap of being politically correct, under the disguise of tolerance.

God is not “politically correct,” and He is certainly not tolerant of sin. The Bible tells us that He is going to judge all sin one day; and anyone who is not found under the blood of His Son, Jesus Christ, will face an eternity in hell separated from God. Scripture says, “So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 13:49-50). But today God is willing to forgive anyone who truly repents (is willing to turn from their sin), asks for His forgiveness, and believes on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (“For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” Romans 10:13).

Franklin Graham Signature

Franklin Graham

1. Roberto Pagan says:

Amen God is good!!

2. Lois Howell says:

I agree with the statement made on here that we as Christians need to take our stand when it comes to sin.

3. Junior Raynes says:

Sunday the Billy Graham Crusade was brought up in Church,for living by the word of the LORD. When HE said go out to all nations and spread my word. And that is what the crusade has done.Will keep praying for BGC,and Duck Dynasty to stand for what we believe in. From my family to yours GOD BLESS all GODS children.

4. Brad Asolas says:

Thank you for remaining true to the Word, and for continuing the work of the Lord in all you do brother. I am praying for you, for your family, for all the folks there, and for your dad. What a blessing he has been, and continues to be in my life.

5. Charles Taylor says:

I GIVE PRAISE TO OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN,AND TO ALL WE FALLOW HIM! AMEN! I GIVE THANKS TO THE ROBERTSON FOR STANDING UP FOR WHAT WE AS BELIEVERS,BELIEVE IN,BILLY GRAHAM TEACHINGS RIGHT OUT FROM THE BIBLE,JESUS SAID IT.I BELIEVE HIM,AND WITH A HUMBLED HEART WE WAIT ON JESUS RETURN! AMEN GLORY TO GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST!

6. Shirley says:

Amen brother

7. Elizabeth says:

We love you and God bless you contiuessly for the impact you have in my life and the glob with the gospel and reaching out to hopeless who gone through natural disaster with much hope through your ministry, and we love the Duck Dinasty for being commited to the truth thru thick and thin.

8. Henry L. Lesher says:

AMEN!!!!BROTHER!!!

9. Jim says:

I agree, Christians should band together and take a stand for our Christian beliefs…

10. Rosemary says: