Billy Graham’s My Answer

By   •   July 9, 2014

doubt

Q:

Is it wrong to have doubts from time to time? Most of the time, my faith is fairly strong, but occasionally something happens that makes me question my faith, and then I’ll wonder if it’s really true. Is God upset with me for this?

A:

doubt22God would only be upset at you if you didn’t do anything to resolve your doubts and become stronger in your faith.

In other words, some people (I’ve found) almost enjoy having doubts, and they use them as an excuse to keep God out of their lives. Instead of seeking answers to their questions, they like to parade their doubts before others, and allow their doubts to eat away at their faith. But others treat doubt the way it should be treated — turning it over to God, and using it as an opportunity to grow stronger in their faith.

I often think of Thomas, who was one of Jesus’ closest disciples. After Jesus was crucified, Thomas’ faith was almost destroyed, and he felt hopeless. When others reported that Jesus had been raised from the dead, Thomas refused to believe it (and as a result he came to be known as “doubting Thomas”). But Thomas was willing to have his doubts answered, and so he stayed with the other disciples — and was present the next time Jesus appeared. His doubts fled, and he immediately responded, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28).

Don’t let circumstances or anything else fill you with doubt. Instead, make the Bible (which is God’s Word) your daily companion. Then when doubts come you can overcome them with the truth of God’s Word. The Bible says, “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him” (Proverbs 30:5).

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion

More Answers on Doubt

1. Jonathan Weir says:

I know that doubt arises when I take matters into my own hands. But, why would i ever want to do that when it is He that created me in the first place, and secondly, He gives me exactly what I need so that I may fully serve Him. Put doubt aside and let God inside.

2. Jack Woltz says says:

It is safe to say, That all of us at some times in our life, Have to deal with discouragement, Because of some degree of immature and self centered, But Smile, God is not finished with us yet, The Christian life is a series of new beginnings, Don’t give up your faith, And the sovereignty of GOD, Our HEAVENLY FATHER is in supreme control, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, GOD BLESS ALL,

3. Tim Samuels says:

Recently,my doubts seem to be a daily struggle,cancer,lack of energy,unable to work…I know that GOD is in control of all things…wish I could break this pattern….Rev.Graham,thank you for your wonderful messages,I so glad GOD has given this wonderful gift to you.

4. Christeena says:

I am encouraged when I read the question and answer because I also get doubts sometimes.
    H

5. Billie Sharp says:

I love my Lord Jesus. My Lord is always with me. He never leave me alone.

6. Rose says:

Thank you so much for this Word, God bless.

7. CATHERINE NASIMIYU WABUKE says:

Without faith it is impossible, to please God Who is our Creator.

8. Dee Smith says:

Praise God for this ministry! “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

9. Delmar Taylor says:

Excellent and faith provoking article.

10. JOSHUA OLU-OBANLA says:

This ministry has been blessing me so much….thanks so much…..
    we will always thank God for you………………………………………