Billy Graham’s My Answer

By   •   April 15, 2014   •   Topics:

church

Q:

I admit we’re mainly “Christmas and Easter” Christians, since those are the only days we go to church. But what’s wrong with that? Weekends are the only time we have to ourselves, and God wouldn’t want us to neglect our family time, would He?

A:

No, God wouldn’t want you to neglect your times together as a family; after all, He created the family.But God doesn’t want you to neglect something even more important — and that is your time with Him. God not only created you, but He also loves you, and more than anything else He wants you to love Him in return. But you can’t do this by only thinking about Him twice a year.How do I know God loves you — and how can you know it? Think for a moment about those two days you do attend church — Christmas and Easter. Why are they so important? Christmas is important because it reminds us that God came down from heaven and became a man. Jesus wasn’t just another baby; He was God in human flesh! Easter is important because it reminds us that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, and rose again from the dead to give us eternal life.And this is what God did for you! He became a man so you could know what He is like — and He died and rose again so you could be saved. The Bible’s words are true: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).Don’t ignore God any longer, but by faith confess your sins to Him and ask Christ to come into your life. Life’s greatest joy — for you, and for everyone — comes from knowing God and walking with Him every day.

What’s the Meaning of Easter? Click here for more.

The Beauty and Agony of the Cross: By Billy Graham.

My Hope with Billy Graham: Share “The Cross” this Easter.

1. ELISHA JOSEPH says:

it is powerful and blessing

2. Gerard says:

Why some people have more faith than others?

3. Dianna King says:

Thank you for reminding us, that our lives are not our own. God created us, he loves us unconditionally! Our church family sometimes is the closest we get to being a family! We share the same faith, desire spiritual growth and to serve the Lord Jesus Christ. We don’t usually do that on our own. We end up being the center of our own little world and forgetting the Good News of Jesus Christ and God’s call on our lives to tell others who are not saved. Oh how short I fall of that goal! Thank you BGEA

4. mazvaure says:

Thats powerful ! May God help us to always remember him everyday not only on special days or when we are in trouble. God bless Brother Graham

5. Janice says:

Thank you to Billy Graham and everyone at the BGEA who continue to teach and preach the Bible and tell people about Jesus and how to be saved. I recommitted my life to Jesus at one of the Billy Graham films back in the ’70’s and continue to serve the Lord in retirement. Praise the Lord! He is risen from the dead !

6. Sheri Davenport says:

Thank you so much Billy for delivering the Gods Truth and keeping it simple for us. God bless you

7. Andre Esguerra says:

I can’t think of a better place to spend family time on Sunday morning but worshiping together.

8. pj says:

I hope you have many more happy Easter’s here.

9. Trina K says:

I guess I feel that this attitude is very selfish….church is about an hour people…once a week. Really? You can’t step outside of yourself for an hour? I have 8 kids (4 which are now grown and out) and I understand how demanding a family can be, getting up and getting everyone ready, etc. etc. My little sacrifice of sleep or the hour of family time I would lose is surely well worth it in my opinion! God gives me a lot more than an hour of His time every day!!!

10. Russell Gunstream says:

Psalm 122:1 answers the question “Why should Christians go to church?” for me. If Jesus is really in your heart and really Lord of your life, where else would you want to be?