Billy Graham’s My Answer

By   •   March 26, 2014

born again

Q:

A friend of mine talks a lot about being a born-again Christian. I’m not sure exactly what she means. What is your definition of a born-again Christian?

A:

A born-again Christian is someone who has repented of their sins and turned to Christ for their salvation, and as a result has become part of God’s family forever. All this takes place as God’s Spirit works in our lives.

You see, by nature we aren’t members of God’s family, and we don’t have any right to inherit eternal life. The reason is because of our sin. We have rebelled against God, and because of that, the Bible says, we are “separated from the life of God … due to the hardening of (our) hearts” (Ephesians 4:18). No, you may not see yourself as a bad person (and you probably aren’t)—but in God’s eyes even one sin is enough to keep you out of heaven.

But Jesus Christ came to save us and to make us part of His family forever! He did this by dying for our sins on the cross and by conquering death through His resurrection. You see, as a human being you were born into a family—and nothing can ever change that. But when we come to Christ we are spiritually reborn into another family—the family of God. The Bible says to Christ’s followers, “You have been born again … through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Peter 1:23).

My prayer is that you too may be born again and become part of God’s family. By a simple prayer of faith, tell God that you know you are a sinner, and you are sorry for your sins. Then ask Christ to come into your life and save you. When you do, God will come to live within you by His Spirit, and you will be born again.

Have you been born again? Click here to find out how

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotional: Jesus is Coming

1. Benedict Muhandia says:

Thanks for the good work you are doing by empowering the world with the word of God. May God’s favour continur to shine upon this ministry in Jesus name.

2. carroll says:

BRO. GRAHAM, I HAVE BEEN SAVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD, BUT I CANT FORGIVE MYSELF. IVE BEEN MARRIED MORE THEN ONCE. I FEEL ASHAMED. AND PEOPLE TELL ME I CANT PREACH FOR JESUS. WILL HE EVER FORGIVE ME. I FEEL LIKE I AM A HYPOCRIT. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, BY GETTING PEOPLE SAVED. AND THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO DO.

1. SusieNC says:

Carroll you are forgiven the moment you ask! Don’t allow the enemy to hold you down and keep you from knowing I’d Hod forgave you then you must also! Some people may feel you can’t preach but I firmly believe you can because we all fail Him daily! No one can judge you other than God!

2. Gina grote says:

Carroll if you are born again into Christ you are made new … Your past sin is washed away … Don’t let The evil one tell you different …use your light and shine it :)

3. daniel says:

After being saved,why people say that they don’t have to confess their sins

4. Ms. Muani says:

I am blessed . Thank you so much.

5. Titah Elijah says:

GOD bless you enormously father Billy Graham for everything you did and you are still doing to make sure that souls be saved.Thank you very much.

6. Joe Wilkerson says:

Thank you so much for allowing yourselves to be so mightily of the Lord. I am now 73 and a Christian. I don’t know exactly when I became, but the important thing is I did and I am so glad for Gods patience with me. I am a continually a project in the works. God has blessed me and my first and second wife. I know He loves me and wants only the best for us. I think of the old song “WHO AM I”. We listen to the Gaithers almost every night and it all started at Houston, Texas at one of your revivals. Thank you so much and I pray you’ll see the rapture. God bless you.

Joe and Glenda Wilkerson

7. Gene Terenzio Sr. says:

I tell people, Just ask Jesus to come into your heart repent your sins and he will.
    I think it’s just like you say only shorter ? and some people say it’s wrong? what say you?

8. Dwayne Blackwell says:

I don’t know how I can thank you for your ministry. I thank your family and you for listening to God and giving me and the rest of the world those valuable words and instructions that you guys have imparted to us. I have several of your articles from the newspaper because they meant so much to me. I keep them in my Bible so I can use them when witnessing to those who have no relationship with our Lord and to saved persons who have prayer requests regarding spiritual problems in their lives. The articles have answered so many of my questions concerning my spiritual and worldly needs. Again, thank you for your ministry!!!

9. Mark and Rebecca Tucker says:

We appreciate the priviledge, joy and honor of partnering with you to send the Gospel around the world and right here at home in the US – where it is also very much needed. Thank you for years of ministry and proclamation of the simple Gospel Message. We love you, and pray for you. God bless you.

10. Nancy says:

Praying to be used to share the urgency I feel of the LORDs return, we need to be ready, as JESUS told us ~ please pray that I would be a bold witness for HIM to all those around me, especially family members ~. Thank you ~