Billy Graham: Who is the Son of God?

By   •   February 28, 2014

Billy Graham

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’” —John 14:6

“The Bible teaches that God is actually three Persons. This is a mystery that we will never be able to understand. The Bible does not teach that there are three Gods—but that there is one God. This one God, however, is expressed in three Persons … God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

“The Second Person of this Trinity is God’s Son, Jesus Christ. He is co-equal with God the Father. He was not a Son of God but the Son of God. He is the Eternal Son of God—the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, God manifested in the flesh, the living Savior.

“… He came to reveal God to men. He told us that God loves us and is interested in our lives. He told us of the mercy and long-suffering and grace of God. He promised life everlasting.

“But more than that, Jesus Christ partook of flesh and blood in order that He might die. … The very purpose of Christ’s coming into the world was that He might offer up His life as a sacrifice for the sins of men. He came to die.

“… Every word that He spoke was historically true. Every word that He spoke was scientifically true. Every word that He spoke was ethically true. There were no loopholes in the moral conceptions and statements of Jesus Christ.”

—Billy Graham, Peace With God © 1984, Billy Graham

To begin a relationship with Christ or to find out more, click here.

More About the Son of God from Billy Graham:

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Whose Son is He?

Billy Graham’s My Answer: What difference does it make?

Billy Graham on Jesus: He was born to be King

Billy Graham’s My Answer: I believe in God, but where does Jesus fit in?

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Jesus: The Most Unique Person

Billy Graham on Jesus’ Death on a Cross: Son of God: The Suffering Savior

Read and Share on Social Media: Who is the Son of God?

1. Barbara Clark says:

God Bless you, and thankyou for the opportunity of receiving your E-mails. Barbara

2. Claire Gatling says:

Thank you for sharing Truth with us. I’m always moved to new levels of my Christian growth after reading Dr Graham’s thoughts.

3. Rayford fowler says:

Reading this really is a blessing to me

4. Patricia Rowell says:

I just want to thank Billy Graham for doing the job he did for Jesus all along his life. Because of people luke him Jesus is still presented to people and get saved. thank you again. Patricia Rowell.

5. Mary Boxell says:

Billy Graham has been the major voice of Christian evangelical hope for the 20th and the 21st centuries. And his son, Franklin’s world wide ministry, Samaritan’s Purse, has been spreading Christ’s message of hope one little shoebox at a time. What a family ! Praise God for them !! has been changing the world

6. Lilian Gomez says:

I thank God for his unconditional love and for forgiving me from all of my sins. I pray that he strengthens me as he shows the path to everlasting life.

7. Delmar Batterman says:

I was one of the ushers when Rev Graham was in Sioux Falls So. Dak. 1987,This was one of the high lites of my life. I regret that I never got a photo of him or with some of the usher. Also that we could of got a photo of him. I kept the news paper of him here. This is out of order but if it is possible to get one of him.To this day I still watch his time on TV.

8. Phyllis Kelly says:

I love the man and, his heart and his life!!!

9. Joyce Oswald says:

I praise the Lord for the faithfulness;;of BG and family. The Lord bless you all and continue to glorify your ministries.

10. Betty Day says:

I know the word of God is the true and living God. Thank you so much for sharing your faith all over the world.