Billy Graham Released From Hospital

By   •   August 12, 2012

Mr. Graham will require some days of rest and recuperation at home before returning completely to his usual routine.  He continues to be focused on manuscript development for a new book project on the subject of salvation, and the focus of his seven decade preaching ministry.

He also remains enthused about the My Hope evangelistic campaign which is to coincide with his 95th birthday in November 2013.

“Mr. Graham had a quick recovery and responded very well to his treatment,” said Daniel Fertel, MD, Mission Hospital pulmonologist. “Catching these types of pulmonary infections early is crucial for a fast recovery, as was the case for Mr. Graham. Despite this illness he remains remarkably healthy for a 93-year-old man.”

Mr. Graham kept his routine and enjoyed visits from family members while also interacting with medical staff that put him in good spirits throughout his stay.

“I am grateful for the exceptional care I received at Mission Hospital,” said Mr. Graham. “It is never easy going to the hospital, but the doctors and nurses here provided me with wonderful care. Mission Hospital employs a dedicated team of professionals that administered prompt treatment to restore my health and allow me to return home quickly.”

“I am also grateful for the prayers and letters I received from people across the country and around the world during my short stay,” Mr. Graham continued. “Such an outpouring of love and support is always a blessing but was especially appreciated during my hospitalization.”

After being admitted to Mission Hospital early Sunday morning, Mr. Graham spent part of the morning watching his grandson, Will Graham, on television preaching at First Baptist Church of Spartanburg S.C. Later, he enjoyed a visit from his daughter, Gigi, and one of his grandchildren. They ate lunch together and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon.

The 93-year-old evangelist watched the closing ceremony of the London Olympics from his bed on Sunday evening. “The ceremony brought back fond memories of various crusades Mr. Graham held in the UK and in Rio de Janeiro, the host city for the next Summer Olympics, over seven decades of public ministry,” said Mr. Graham’s spokesman, A. Larry Ross.

Mr. Graham was previously hospitalized for successful treatment of pneumonia in November, 2011.

1. Ronisha says says:

Praise the Lord that you're doing well. I will pray for your health and recovery. May God bless you always.

2. Jill says:

So very happy for your quick recovery! Praise the Lord! Asking, Mr. Graham, for continued prayers for those who love, admire and appreciate you and your faithfulness from afar as the prayers of a righteous man availeth much. You are a blessing.

3. Ellen says:

Praying for you. So glad you are home. You remind me of the EveryReady Battery commerical. “You just keep on going”. Love and appreciate your stand for God.

4. Lawrence South Africa says:

Pastor Graham youve been such a inspiration to me since I gave my life to Jesus in 2007. Love you and God bless. Ps 91 is for you

5. Dave says:

God bless you Dr. Graham. I saw you as a young person in Fresno Ca. I am a pastor now, and my experince as a young person helps with our young people. My wife and I help out with Franklin now when he comes to the Nrth West.on

6. David, a Missionary says:

It has been said you are liken to a modern day Moses. I too have been accused of same by my pastor. GOD continually protects you. I am thankful for this. When I was 11yoa, 49yrs ago I attended your open meeting in Greenville, TX. we need you back.

7. MaryAnn says:

Mr Graham, So happy you are doing so well and recovering.You are the most wonderful man I have ever witnessed in this world. You have inspired me through the years. May God continue to bless you as you continue to do what He intended.

8. Susan says:

You are the Moses of our generation…Such faith you have exhibited always…May GOD continue to show you favor and may u minister to our broken world one more time, on tv for all the world to see. We love u Dr. Graham!

9. Dinah says:

Always remember you in my prayers and God has been very good to you and your family for so many years because you worked so hard as God's Servant. God bless you and please get well. You are too nice to be sick. God knows the best for you and family.

10. JOE REV GRAHAM MY GOD FOREVER says:

Your Comment (Limit up to 250 characters). This area is for comments only.