Billy Graham, Mitt Romney Meet

By   •   October 11, 2012

Evangelist Billy Graham, 93, issued the following statement after meeting today in his North Carolina home with presidential candidate, Gov. Mitt Romney:

“It was an honor to meet and host Gov. Romney in my home today, especially since I knew his late father former Michigan Gov. George Romney, whom I considered a friend. I have followed Mitt Romney’s career in business, the Olympic Games, as governor of Massachusetts and, of course, as a candidate for president of the United States.

“What impresses me even more than Gov. Romney’s successful career are his values and strong moral convictions. I appreciate his faithful commitment to his impressive family, particularly his wife Ann of 43 years and his five married sons.

“It was a privilege to pray with Gov. Romney—for his family and our country. I will turn 94 the day after the upcoming election, and I believe America is at a crossroads. I hope millions of Americans will join me in praying for our nation and to vote for candidates who will support the biblical definition of marriage, protect the sanctity of life and defend our religious freedoms.”

1. Beth says:

Thank you Mr. Graham for praying for our country and the next chapter in our nations history,we all need to pull together and pray as never before and rely on our Lord and Saviour for everything.

2. Ronisha says:

Dear Mr. Graham, It's truly a blessing that you're continuing to do God's will. There is still hope for our country. May God bless you and your family.

3. Michelle says:

Praise our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His love and gracious mercies… If we all just pray for America …what a difference it would make.

4. Dewayne says:

Our prayer is that God will continue to bless Billy and his ministry. “God is a God of love, a God of mercy. He loves you.” -Billy Graham

5. Dominie says:

I just watched a Billy Graham crusade classic (Portland, OR). Your message was about how God used Jonah to turn Nineveh from their sins. We sure need this in America today!! Thank you for your stand for God and His Word. May God richly bless you!!

6. Thomas says:

May God Bless this election, our prayers, our government and allies, the unemployed, and the candidates. Keep praying for the “Peace of Jerusalem” as well. Let's pray for the Syrian people as well. In Jesus' Name.

7. Barbara says:

Thank you for praying for our country. When you do, you pray for us, too. May God continue to bless your ministry, your health, and your family.

8. Rich says:

Dear Mr. Graham,It is comforting to know that even in your senior years you are still such a grounding rod for Godliness and care greatly about our nation, citizens and elected leaders. You have been and continue to be a blessing to us all! Thanks

9. George says:

Thank-you, Dr. Graham, for your witness and being available to pray with and for our nation. This is a great reminder, and an encouragement for believers to follow.

10. Arcj says:

God bless those who pray for their authorities and families. Jesus Christ is Lord.