3 Reasons to Watch ‘The Bible’ this Sunday

By   •   March 27, 2013

This Sunday, the five-week series finale for “The Bible” airs on The History Channel at 8 p.m. (Eastern). The mini-series blockbuster, which Franklin Graham called “compelling,” has seen record cable ratings this year.

If you haven’t seen “The Bible” yet, here’s three reasons to take notice of the series produced by Mark Burnett and wife Roma Downing.

1. Endorsement by Franklin Graham

The president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangeslistic Association, Franklin Graham likes the potential impact the series has had on American culture: “The Bible Series airing on the History Channel is a compelling 10-hour feature that will likely cause a viewer to want to open the pages of Scripture to see the realities of Almighty God’s plan for the human race.”

2. Billy Graham Footage in 30-Second Ad

My Hope America with Billy Graham is not just a nationwide outreach, but perhaps Billy Graham’s final crusade and it’s happening in living rooms around America. On Easter Sunday, you can find out more about My Hope by watching “The Bible” or you can check out the spot below:

3. ‘The Bible’ Facebook Game

While you don’t have to watch “The Bible” to play the affiliated Facebook Game, “Light the Way: The Bible,” it will give you a better scriptural foundation to understand and enjoy it. Released by Lightside Games, which earlier produced “The Journey of Moses,” and “The Journey of Jesus,” more than 4 million gamers have played Lightside’s social network games and now BGEA’s internet evangelism ministry, SearchforJesus.net is partnering to help spread the Gospel.

1. Larry says:

We have enjoyed watching “The Bible” but, can't help but wonder about showing Moses and Pharoah to have such a close relationship. Also, showing the wise men coming to see Jesus when he was a newborn baby, which isn't scriptural.

2. Larry says:

Billy Graham has been such a great gift from God.

3. Ruth says:

My husband and I have watched the last four showings of the BIBLE and they are close to being close to te Bible.This is why you must have knowledge of the bible to know what is true or not.It is good to see the bible being showed to the public to see.

4. Teresinha says:

Thanking ,Abba Father for He 's only begotten Son , because of He's love for us , and also for Billy Graham ,ministries ,…

5. Susan says:

Once again I'm struck by how changed–for the worse–our country is. Billy Graham's '57 Crusade with Ethel Waters at the Madison Sq Gardens is a call to restore our souls and our Republic to God.

6. Rhonda says:

Perhaps many more people will be exposed to the scriptures by playing this FB game…God will be glorified…

7. Betty says:

Our country needs all Christians to rise up and stop the infringement of our Christian beliefs. Today, Catholics, tomorrow all Christians. Stand together brothers and sisters and stop Obamacare NOW!

8. Pauline says:

I missed all the other showings but I will definately watch Sunday. I am going to buy the DVD so I can watch all of it at home. And I am looking forward to Bill Graham's message. I do admire him so much . My wish is that I could meet him one day.

9. Nancy Lee says:

Thank you, BGEA, for lighting the way to major new outreach initiatives to share the gospel. People in America are hungry for the truth. Thank you for your wonderful work. To God be the glory!

10. Betsy says:

Cannot wait to see this Sunday's “The Bible”and so happy it has gotten to so many whoneed to know God's Words and what he means to all of usPraise God