ASHEVILLE, N.C., Dec. 30, 2013 — The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove in Asheville is offering free Bible studies on Tuesdays for women. Two weekly studies, one morning study and one evening study, begin Jan. 7, 2014.
- Dates: Tuesdays, Jan. 7 – Feb. 25
- Times: 9:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Description: Many years ago, an angel of the Lord appeared to a seemingly insignificant group of shepherds and said, “I bring you good news of great joy… For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” (Luke 2:10-11). Today, in the busyness of the season, it’s easy to lose the joy of celebrating the birth of Jesus.
- Notes: An optional $10 lunch buffet is available each week with reservation. The deadline for lunch reservations is noon on the Friday before the study. Please note that meal tickets are non-refundable.
- About the Leader: Jane Derrick, a Bible teacher and Asheville resident, has led a Bible study at The Cove for the past 17 years. She became a Christian in 1976 while an Army wife, living in Schweinfurt, Germany. Since her husband’s death in 1994, Derrick has spoken at women’s retreats and conferences throughout the U.S. and Romania.
- Dates: Tuesdays, Jan. 7 – Feb. 18
- Times: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- About the Leader: Kendra Graham, wife of The Cove executive director Will Graham, is a gifted Bible teacher. This is her 5th year leading a women’s Bible study at The Cove. Will, Kendra and their three children (CJ, Rachel and Quinn) reside in nearby Swannanoa, N.C.
- Description: Many times, Christians find themselves focusing on failures and mistakes. Instead of living lives of belief in the verse “In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Romans 8:37), it’s easy to say things like, “This is as good as it will ever get for someone like me.” Participants in this study will look to seek what the Truth of God’s Word says, instead of giving voice to our collective insecurities.
Last year, more than 850 women registered for the free women’s studies. To register for either of the 2014 studies, please call (800) 950-2092 or (828) 298-2092. Newcomers are always welcome to join the group.
These free Bible study events launch The Cove’s new year of programs including seminars with top Christian leaders, “Evening at The Cove” concerts, senior events and more.
About The Cove: Nestled in the scenic mountains of Asheville, N.C., the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove offers guests a unique and serene experience for purposeful growth through Bible training; in-depth seminars; personal spiritual retreats; concerts; programs for seniors, women and church or ministry leaders; and many other inspirational events throughout the year. The Cove is also available for group events for Christian churches and nonprofit ministries who are looking for a conference and retreat center. Facilities can accommodate small groups, such as board meetings and church staff retreats, as well as large groups up to 450 guests. For more information, call (800) 950-2092 or visit www.thecove.org. You can also connect with The Cove on these social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.