Words to Count On

By   •   July 19   •   Topics: ,

Bible

After the crucifixion the beleaguered disciples despaired and said, “We had hoped that He was the one to redeem Israel” (Luke 24:21, RSV). There was anguish, despair, and tragedy in their midst. Life had lost its meaning and purpose. But when the resurrection became apparent, life took on a new meaning. It had purpose and reason.

David Livingstone once addressed a group of students at Glasgow University. When he rose to speak, he bore on his body the marks of his African struggles. Several illnesses on nearly 30 occasions had left him gaunt and haggard. His left arm, crushed by a lion, hung limp by his side. After describing his trials and tribulations, he said, “Would you like to have me tell you what supported me through all the years of exile among people whose language I could not understand, and whose attitude toward me was always uncertain and often hostile? It was this, ‘Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.’ On these words I staked everything, and they never failed.”

I am never alone because of Your love. Thank You, my Lord and Savior.

1. Ed says:

Amen – again a wonderful message! Praise God all day, every day!

2. Gerry says:

Your daily presence in my life Lord is essential. I cannot begin to thank you adequately. I am deeply honored to be a member of your family. Thank you.

3. ADEPEJU ROBERT JAMES says:

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ for your love over me and my family. O Lord Jesus Christ, do not allow your presence to depart from my family and me. Forever in Jesus Christ name.

4. Joyce Paul says:

Beloved Father, I am overwhelmed by Your grace. My only adequate response is ceaseless praise. Thank You for choosing me, adopting me, redeeming me, forgiving me, and making known to me the mystery of The Gospel. God bless us! Amen.

5. Homer McCoy Jr. says:

May our Almighty God continue to bless you, your staff and your truly Christian efforts.. Your ministry and voice are badly needed in our nation (especially in D.C.), AND THE UNSAVED WORLD.

6. Dawn says:

Amen, thank you Jesus that your love never fails, but I fail everyday, God your love for us is so indescribably enormous we can not attain all of it in one sitting. Shower upon me your love this day, for each day is a new day in Jesus

7. m says:

praise god and be with us

8. Dawn Marie says:

A great reminder…He is with us ALWAYS!

9. Gerry says:

Thank you Lord for your constant Love , Grace , Forgiveness and Mercy. It is the highest honor to be a part of Your Family. Thank you.

10. Ed says:

Praise God and thank you for the wonderful message!