Word and Deed

By   •   November 24   •   Topics: ,

iStock_000016497318Small

This year as we observe our season of thanksgiving, let us be grateful not only in word but also in deed. Let our gratitude find expression in a resolve to live a life more unselfish and more consecrated to Jesus Christ. When we sit around our tables laden with sumptuous delicacies, let us not forget that half the world will go to bed hungry. As we enjoy the comforts of our cozy homes, let us not forget that great numbers in other parts of the world have no homes to go to.

When we step into our sleek automobiles, let us not forget that most of the people in the world cannot afford even a bicycle. In the Lord’s Prayer as recorded in the sixth chapter of Matthew, we read, “Give us this day our daily bread.” Scripture teaches that the good things of this life are the gifts of God, and that He is the donor of all our blessings. Thanksgiving? Yes. Let us get on our knees humbly and thank God for the blessings He has given us, both material and spiritual. They have come from His hands.

You bring me such abundance, almighty God. As I think of Thanksgiving Day, may my heart be completely consecrated to Your Son, Jesus Christ, so that through Him my life will show my gratitude to You.

1. Butch Fuqua says:

Couldn’t find a Better Person to Bring GOD’ word to us ,Billy Graham is the BEST sample for the Sinner to look @ to decide if they also want to follow GOD’ word & live the kind of life that GOD wants us to

2. og obamedo says:

thank you lord for all you have done for me and my family

3. Glen says:

A small donation to the Salvation Army this week will help a family have a happy Thanksgiving too.

4. James says:

5. Michael Steven Ellington says:

This is good to read on such a trying day as I have had today I am getting thru this day by GOD’S mercies and continuing abiding love thank you billy graham association for these daily devotions and god bless you all during this thanksgiving season.

6. Susan Pugh says:

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight OH LORD MT STRENGTH AND MY. REDEEMER

7. njiangong says:

In a hungry world He has given me the best food and drinks.thank you jesus.

8. Robert says:

Lord thank you for the freedom of your Lordship over our redeemed lives. I hope for our faith to supplement for our wants and desires and that your Grace brings us the peace we seek. May we find great joy in giving more then we can.

9. Janice says:

I am thankful for the bad good because I know the Lord is always with me.
    Thank you God.