Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Word and Deed

By   •   November 24   •   Topics: ,

iStock_000016497318Small

This year as we observe our season of thanksgiving, let us be grateful not only in word but also in deed. Let our gratitude find expression in a resolve to live a life more unselfish and more consecrated to Jesus Christ. When we sit around our tables laden with sumptuous delicacies, let us not forget that half the world will go to bed hungry. As we enjoy the comforts of our cozy homes, let us not forget that great numbers in other parts of the world have no homes to go to.

When we step into our sleek automobiles, let us not forget that most of the people in the world cannot afford even a bicycle. In the Lord’s Prayer as recorded in the sixth chapter of Matthew, we read, “Give us this day our daily bread.” Scripture teaches that the good things of this life are the gifts of God, and that He is the donor of all our blessings. Thanksgiving? Yes. Let us get on our knees humbly and thank God for the blessings He has given us, both material and spiritual. They have come from His hands.

You bring me such abundance, almighty God. As I think of Thanksgiving Day, may my heart be completely consecrated to Your Son, Jesus Christ, so that through Him my life will show my gratitude to You.

1. Kenneth William Duran says:

We have a tendency to lose perspective on the fact that we were born here in THE UNITED STATES and not in Bangladesh or remote part of Africa, this fact should motivate us in helping those who are less fortunate then we are, and also pry that God Willing, Billy Graham would recover from his stay at the Hospital

2. Ekwi Nigeria says:

I am grateful for life and good health, protections so much to be thankful for. My families. If it has not been the Lord on our side……. Lord thank you for all you have done and the ones you are yet too do. I am GRATEFUL LORD.

3. Samuel says:

Thank you lord for putting such a wise, spiritual evangelist on this hellish planet to help guide us in your ways!

4. Judy says:

May we always remember to give Thanks to our Creator for Life, Family, Friends and Fellowship with with all.

5. joy says:

Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee. “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Thanyou Lord.

6. joy says:

Thankyou from joy janelaineed. John3:16-17

7. Gerry says:

In addition to the numerous Blessings, we must also be thankful to our Heavenly Father for the countless things he does that we are not even aware of….. Protecting us from hidden dangers, sparing us from serious injury and much more.

8. D.S.Rajsekhar,Triplicane, Chennai. says:

Lord,life is full of ups & downs but still wonderful. We don’t want to be presumptuous & arrogant to think that we are not gifted to be here,blessed to be alive,fortunate to be here &. we’re grateful just to be here.If nothing happens at all we’re just glad to be here. Move in a supernatural way,O Lord.We honour & bless Your Name. THANK YOU JESUS for Your servant Billy Graham & our mentor over the years gone by.We need him for such a time as this.Grant him length of days, filled with Your Peace & Love.AMEN !

9. Ebenezer, Ghana says:

Thank You Lord for Who You are to me not only what You have done for me. I’m forever grateful.

10. Arjun Dixit says:

Thank God. Thank you Jesus. Praise The Lord.

1. Jimmie Sue Nix Farmer says:

I love Billy Graham he’s been a faithful witness for so many