Why We Have the Bible

By   •   December 30   •   Topics:

iStock_000016497318Small

God caused the Bible to be written for the express purpose of revealing to us God’s plan for His redemption. God caused the Book to be written that He might make His everlasting laws clear to His children, and that they might have His great wisdom to guide them, and His great love to comfort them as they make their way through life. For without the Bible this world would indeed be a dark and frightening place, without signpost or beacon. The Bible easily qualifies as the only book in which God’s revelation is contained.

There are many bibles of different religions; there is the Mohammedan Koran, the Buddhist Canon of Sacred Scripture, the Zoroastrian Zend-Avesta, and the Brahman Veda . . . They all begin with some flashes of true light, and end in utter darkness. Even the most casual observer soon discovers that the Bible is radically different. It is the only Book that offers redemption to us and points the way out of our dilemma.

Lord Jesus, as I read Your Word, Your truth shines through and illuminates a dark world.

1. Francis Oluoch Ojuok says:

God Bless you Billy! Amen

2. ela says:

thank you for the insight. God bless you and your ministry as you grow from strength to strength. Merry xmas

3. Jonathan Nyimba says:

Amen. Billy Graham has been a wonderful friend in Jesus. I recently bought one your cds, The Home Coming Volume 1. I have been inspired.

4. Linda says:

I was saved back in the early 70’s then later on in life I drifted away from God’s word. But always kept him within my heart, and prayed occasionally. Now that I am in a good relationship with a Christian man, he is my angel and I know that God sent him to me. I have become closer to God stronger than ever before. With my Christian partner, the Bible and watching reruns of Billy Graham Crusade and my prayers along with my prayer book. Great things have happen in my life for the better and it is the best things that I thought would never happen. All I can say is Thank you to my heavenly father that you gave your son to die for me so that I may become a better person and have everlasting life with Jesus. Amen.

5. Dempsey says:

Thank you for sharing THE WORD with us for so many years. May GOD continue to Bless and Strengthen You as you move forward spreading the GOOD NEWS!!

6. Natasha says:

Having Jesus in my life, reading the bible has made my life have meaning. I have direction, peace. Hope that God is in control of my life and that he loves me no matter what.

7. Gerry says:

What an amazing gift. From God. The Bible is by far the most important book ever written. It is the ultimate roadmap for life. Read it, meditate on it and apply it’s great truths to your life.

8. Joyce paul says:

Lord,Your Word is pure,eternal truth shall yet unshaken stay, when all that man has thought or planned like chaff shall pass away. God Richly Bless U n BGEA! Pray for us that New year will bring blessings 4 us.amen.

9. michael says:

We know that the Bible mentions love such as John 3:16, I Cor. 13, etc., but I got word that the Koran doesn’t mention love at all.