Who Am I?

By   •   June 27   •   Topics:

teenager with box on head

Edward Dahlberg, the writer, observed, “At 19, I was a stranger to myself. At 40, I asked, ‘Who am I?’ At 50, I concluded I would never know.” This unexplored personal wilderness is the home of millions of people. Ninety-two percent of all Canadian university students, according to June Callwood, the Toronto sociologist, don’t really know who they are. The Bible says that man is an immortal soul. When God made man in the first place, He created him and “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Genesis 2:7). One’s soul is the essence, the core, the eternal and real person. And he will be restless until he opens his life to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.

Almighty God, knowing I am Your child is all the assurance I need.

1. Stephen Hall says:

Thank You Lord, our loving Creator, for thy gift of allowing us to find ourselves through a close relationship with You and Your Son Jesus. We can find ourselves more fully in service to You within Your church, your community in a covenant of faith. Please bless this world with that sense of belonging to You which nourishes the soul. If we seek, we will find You, and ourselves, as You so lovingly call out to us and lead us to You. Please bless everyone here as we strive to know and do thy will. Amen.

2. Raydene says:

There comes a point in my life when I feel useless feel like giving up on myself and life, most of the time I dont feel like I belong..

1. Amy says:

You do belong. God knows you as member of his body , his family , please know that you are special and he is there . Jesus loves you. I love you. I will pray for you

2. Dagney says:

In John 17:6-19 Jesus speaks of His disciples being in this world, but not of it. I think it is natural to feel like you don’t belong “here” if you have made Jesus your Lord and Savior. With the not so gradual decline in our society and an atmosphere that champions sin and savagely goes after God and his people, it is hard to feel like you “don’t belong.” God tells you in Jeremiah 29:11 that God like any loving father has plans for your life. 1 Corinthians 9:2-27 tells us that we each need to run our race. Fix your eyes on Christ and not the turmoil around you. Acts 17:26 -> tells you that you are exactly where God wants you. Matthew 28:18-20 tells each one of us that we have a divine purpose for being here. You are precious to God.

3. Dagney says:

Lastly, don’t give up on God. He is more than able to give you direction. He gave you this life. Trust Him. He doesn’t make mistakes. You are here for a reason. Pray for his direction and dig deeper into His word. Praying for Raydene and encourage anyone who reads this to do the same. Let’s lift our sister up in prayer.

4. Renee says:

I know how you feel, I have felt that a lot lately :'(

3. Joy says:

4. Joy says:

PTL in all the languages of the world. There is power in the blood of the lamb that was slain, in Jesus name, amen””For God so loved the wolrld that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.””May God bless us all.” From the good Holy Bible. Only Jesus is perfect, not I as good nurse reminds us often.. Thankyou. Psalm 51 adapted for a group to pray: “Create in us a clean heart o Lord our God and renew a right spirit with in us…, in Jesus name amen. St. Luke 11 “Ask, seek, knock, and find.””Bless The Lord o my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name….As far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgressions (a type of sin, I believe) from us.”

5. Dawn says:

Amen that is all of the assurance I need, that I am a child of the most high God, I ask my Heavenly Father to bring me into a place of rest and peace

6. Gerry says:

Why wonder through life aimlessly. With no real purpose or sense of direction. Christ is waiting for you to ask and he will show you the path of Peace and Joy , to follow.

7. Stephanie Osborne says:

BGEA is the life changing, world changing, GOD HONORING tool with breath our CHRIST uses to bring lost and hurting sheep into the fold. Thank you so much. Stephanie

8. Joyce Paul says:

Blessed is the person who finds out which way GOD is moving and then goes in that direction.
    We are nothing without God. God Bless Dr Graham, Franklin Graham, Will Graham and BGEA richly! amen.

9. Therese Rosanna Peiris Arnold says:

Thank you Dearest Pastor for sharing this message with us……… As always we are blessed by God to receive His Word that is so sharp as a double edged sword………..Psalm 139 God bless you and your Ministry