What is Most Important?

By   •   April 10

hands on casket

I was invited to have coffee one morning with Konrad Adenauer before he retired as the Chancellor of Germany. When I walked in, I expected to meet a tall, stiff, formal man who might even be embarrassed if I brought up the subject of religion. After the greeting, the Chancellor suddenly turned to me and said, “Mr. Graham, what is the most important thing in the world?” Before I could answer, he had answered his own question. He said, “The resurrection of Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ is alive, then there is hope for the world. If Jesus Christ is in the grave, then I don’t see the slightest glimmer of hope on the horizon.” Then he amazed me by saying that he believed that the resurrection of Christ was one of the best-attested facts of history. He said, “When I leave office, I intend to spend the rest of my life gathering scientific proof of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” It was the fact of the resurrection of Christ that called the disciples to go out as burning young revolutionaries to change the world of their day. They preached that Christ is alive. This should be our message, not only on Easter, but on every day of the year.

Father, let my message to others be that of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and of His ability to change the lives of those who believe in Him.

1. Talitah Ramalale says:

Thank you for the encouraging message Pastor Billy Graham, may the LORD continually bless you and your ministry and family.

2. Ann McLeod says:

I was looking for a devotion or something for a jump start meeting where I work. I found this devotion today and can’t think of anything more important to share.

3. ed says:

So true, Amen!!

4. Gerry says:

Aside from written accounts of Christ’s death and resurrection he proves he is alive and well by intervening daily in the lives of believers everywhere. It is the ultimate honour to be in the Family of God. Our eternal home awaits.

5. Pst. Priest says:

Oh, God give us leaaders that understand spiritual things. What a wonderful question from a pure heart and timely answer as well from a true leader. Thank God Christ is alive, therefore there is hope for Nigeria and the world at large.

6. Matt says:

What a blessing Konrad Adenauer was to the world! To stand so boldly for the truth of Jesus Christ in a world destroyed by human wickedness and hubris, God bless us please with more leaders such as this.

7. Sandip Samanta says:

Jesus taught us to die not only for noble causes but also to sacrifice the life to prove his beliefs. He died for us and for our sins and also forgave us. He is alive among us – in our hearts.

8. Joyce Paul says:

True peace comes from the PRINCE OF PEACE!

9. Susan Scullion says:

Just want to thank you for your ministry!