Wait Upon the Lord

By   •   January 23   •   Topics:

open Bible

Jerome, one of the early Christians, said, “Ignorance of the Bible means ignorance of Christ.” Job once said, “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.” Jeremiah said, “Thy words were found and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart.” To read the Bible one needs a “quiet time.” Christian students often ask, “How do you maintain your spiritual high? What do you do on a daily basis?” I tell them about my “quiet time.” Some days it is in the early-sometimes late-morning, sometimes evening. Without it, my Christian life would be a wilderness. Isaiah said, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31). So gain the strength of eagles, as the prophet suggested. Set a time each day when you can spend a few minutes alone with God.

Dear Lord, teach us to wait upon You, that
we may know Your strength.

1. Dalyop Solomon says:

Lord I thank you for your Word that has opened my eyes, and I ask for your visitation this morning. For I need you more than ever before in Jesus Christ name I pray

2. Gerry says:

Billy’s advice regarding setting aside a quiet devotional time every day is absolutely essential. It is by far the most important time spent during anyone’s day. Your time invested will be paid back in huge spiritual dividends. Don’t procrastinate any longer …… start today

3. Sam Albert Muleng says:

I am a pastor whose desire has been to know more about him and let him known.The means to sturdy in a seminary has not been an essay one.I prayed this morning and i believe that God will honor has word i am waiting for to help me complete the payment of my Sxhool fees before my graduation comes up next year

4. Joyce Paul says:

In solitude,on wings of prayer,My soul ascends before the throne,My onlx hope of strength is where My heart n His meet all alone! God Richly Bless U n Ur Ministries! Amen

5. Jackie Murphey says:

I love this and try to “dress with God”, before I dress for the day. I’m not a 100% yet, bur working on it, and sharing the experience. However, I find the time during the day, if I don’t dress with God first thing after waking up.

6. Bonnie Duncan says:

I have been ill for 5 years, sometimes critically with no hope of surviving. Many prayers were answered and although I am still sick I can still praise God for his goodness. Actually more devout in my walk with The Lord than at any other stage in my life. My illness and recovery has been a testimony to many people. God has never forsakes me

7. Jen says:

Please pray that I am a better servant to God this year. Also, that my brother whom desperately needs treatment for drugs .

1. Bonnie Duncan says:

I will whisper prayers

8. Blanca says:

thanks to God for your dedication!
    just gave me the word that i need in Jesus name!

9. Margie Mayes says:

I have been so depressed lately and have patiently tried to wait to hear God speaks to me to give me guidance but seems things are getting worse. I have been searching scriptures to help me but I continue to challenge my faith. Do you think I am going about this in the wrong direction. I have always believed that God is with me and will never leave me and it is many days the only way I can
    cope with the day is by holding on to this promise. I know God is there even though my family is
    falling apart. I am not alone