Wait Upon the Lord

By   •   January 23   •   Topics:

open Bible

Jerome, one of the early Christians, said, “Ignorance of the Bible means ignorance of Christ.” Job once said, “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.” Jeremiah said, “Thy words were found and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart.” To read the Bible one needs a “quiet time.” Christian students often ask, “How do you maintain your spiritual high? What do you do on a daily basis?” I tell them about my “quiet time.” Some days it is in the early-sometimes late-morning, sometimes evening. Without it, my Christian life would be a wilderness. Isaiah said, “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31). So gain the strength of eagles, as the prophet suggested. Set a time each day when you can spend a few minutes alone with God.

Dear Lord, teach us to wait upon You, that
we may know Your strength.

1. Margie Mayes says:

Please pray for meand my family which I fear is falling apart . Our daughter and her daughter have both brought men into their homes and they aren’t married. Our daughter comes to church and he
    and she attend service as though they are the happiest married couple alive. My husband and I are embarrassed but we do not want to cause herto leave the church. Our pastor has never sais anything to them. My husband tells me to leave it alone and let God speaks but will she ever hear? She was not raised In this type of arrangement but God was to returntoday where would their souls go? The situation has gotten so I cannot communicate to her

2. Mala says:

so so encouraging

3. loveline says:

this is what I need more and meaningful time with God. God help me for I want to always be in your presence in all that I do or say

4. Omana Zachariah says:

A very useful message.We are in the 50th year of our marriage.But there is lack of love & care in our lives for the past few days.Please pray for us.

5. ShirleyAnglebrandt says:

I have a book called Hope for each day by Billy Graham it should be Given to Anyone who would read it because it would bring them closer to God also the print and size are Perfect Love mine so much

6. Samuel says:

It’s surely worth it waiting unto the Lord. He who waits on HIM will never be disappointed

7. Linda says:

God, has surely teaching me to wait upon him ! Because I know he has the best for me.. And I Don’t want to make my on decision . and pay a price for not waiting on him for the best for my life.I know that God, lets me see this somewhere every other day I see a scripture on WAIT or a message on the subject WAIT! I believe this is the Holy Spirit Work with in me!

8. Evelyn Pasamic says:

I’m so blessed!thank u for this teaching Godbless u!

9. Sharon Duffy says:

Thank you to Billy Graham and to BGEA for strong leadership and inspiration. This website, the daily devotions, and Billy Graham’s books have helped me greatly with my Bible study.

10. ROBERT SPEAKMAN says:

I will wait on the Lord, for his answers to my problems and know He is my strength