Victory Over Death

By   •   January 21   •   Topics: ,

cross on hill

Death is the most democratic experience in life for we all participate in it. We think of its happening only to other people. We don’t like to grow old and we don’t like to die. The Bible teaches that death is an enemy of man and God. But it also teaches that this enemy, death, will ultimately be destroyed forever; that in fact it has already been defeated at the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Death, for a Christian, brings permanent freedom from evil. It also means the believer will be like Jesus. We shall be like Christ in love. So much of self is involved in what we do here; but one day, in Christ, we will have perfect love. What a glorious time it will be when we get to heaven!

Jesus, Your victory over death comforts my heart and fills me with hope.

1. Debbie Foxx says:

This is our sure hope for our loved one we lost this week-and for each other!

2. Laura Speer says:

I am not afraid of death. I look forward to seeing my Lord and Savior face to face. I try every day to do what I should do to make me worthy to stand in his presence. Prais God!

3. Melissa says:

The promise of my savor is mind blowing…. As I meditate on this prayer, the goosebumps on my arms are surreal…. LOVE this prayer! What an incredible promise! My soul will rest in his arms!!!

4. Gerry says:

To be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord. Instantantiously , as soon as we draw our last breathe . What an incredible promise ………..Thank-you Lord.

5. adelayi agnes says:

I am blessed and comforted by this devotional and I wish it continues. I thank God for my brother who posted it to me.

6. Joe Akyala says:

Thank for refreshing my life this morning

7. Joyce paul says:

Life’s greatest joy is the sure hope of heaven. Thanks for spiritual guidance. God Richly Bless U n Ur Ministries! Amen. Pray 4 me!

8. Din Corbita says:

thank you Pastor for your contribution to my spiritual growth. Your life is an encouragement to us.

9. collins ibibie says:

Thank u Evangelist Billy Graham may the Lord bless u. All I want to know truly is Jesus and please pray for me too that I will understand the way of God