Triumph in Affliction

By   •   November 1   •   Topics: ,

iStock_000002253401Small

May I remind you that physical illness is not the worst thing that can happen to you? Some of the most twisted, miserable people I have ever met had no physical handicap. Some of the world’s greatest and most useful people have been handicapped.

“The Messiah” was composed by Handel, who was suffering from a paralyzed right side and arm. Catherine Booth, in the last year of her life, said that she could not remember one day free from pain.

Helen Keller has written, “I thank God for my handicaps, for through them I have found myself, my work, and God.” Some of the most radiant Christians I have ever met were “wheelchair” saints. May God give you grace to “triumph in affliction.”

When physical afflictions come into my life, may they draw me closer to You, my beloved Lord Jesus Christ.

1. Pam Ruth Henry says:

Thank you, Rev. Graham for posting this Daily Devotion to encourage people with disabilities and others. God helps us meet our physical and attitudinal demands. Your Daily Devotion will help the genral public work with and hire us. I loved your speech in Oklahoma City, OK. God Bless You, Pam Henry, Chair, OKC Mayor’s Committee on Disability Concerns

2. Judy Attaway says:

worship.Thank You & Bless You , sincerely Judy Attaway

1. Judy Attaway says:

worship.Thank You & Bless You , sincerely Judy Attaway
      P.S. this was to be the ending of my first post as I am just learning how to use my tablet so please forgive my confusing post and again BLess You

3. Judy Attaway says:

I am going through an extended illness and am not able to get to my home church for worship and fellowship with others so I am very thankful that my prayers I feel were answered by my LORD JESUS and led me to this website as a source of shared

4. Kodjo Panyin says:

Dad, please pray for me to hate what is wrong in the site of the Lord…please, I’m really suffering from fornication and I need the Lord in my life.

5. Theresa Gasior says:

Thank you for taking the time to put together this daily devotion as it is such a blessing in bringing me closer to our Father in heaven. May God Bless you.

6. Elvis I. Arguelles says:

Thank you for the Daily Devotion you have provided, this really help me strengthen my faith.