Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

The Spiritual Realm

By   •   December 20   •   Topics: ,

iStock_000002504100Small

It is strange that the world accepts enthusiasm in every realm but the spiritual. The world appreciates and understands emotion and enthusiasm, until it becomes a religious fervor—then immediately it is suspect. When you bring a grand and glorious abandon to your dedication to the Lord Jesus Christ, you are thought by many of your neighbors to be mad, to have “gone too far” in religion.

The whole history of missionary enterprise is filled with names like William Carey, Hudson Taylor, John Paton, David Livingstone, and others, who were thought by their generations to be mad. Their dedication was beyond the understanding of those who loved the smugness and the ease of contemporary life . . . And yet, in the last analysis, who are the mad ones? Are they not the complacent, self-centered, and smug who are so selfish that they tire of their own smugness, tire of their pleasures, and even tire of themselves?

Let me rededicate my life to You, with complete abandonment, Lord Jesus.

1. Gerry says:

Isn’t it unfortunate that we live in a time when someone quotes God’s Word and loses their job. Not in some foreign country ….in the U.S.A. This just happened to an lead actor in a current very popular TV series when responding to a question on homosexuality. God bless our brothers and sisters in the Lord who stand up for the truth.

2. Bob DeGraw says:

Lord God, i need you everyday. For it is so easy to be caught up in the stresses and the successes of the world we live in. Everyday i have to focus on the One who made me a new person. My Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ.He is the only one who can protect us from the lows and the highs. Our country is changing faster than i can keep up with, i pray that not one of my brothers and sisters be without Jesus

3. Felicia Houston says:

I appreciate the daily devotions

1. Felicia Houston says:

I appreciate the daily devotions. Reading, gives and keep me focus on my purpose for LIFE>

4. yao/ghana says:

Blessed be the name of the Lord, for his mercy endureth for ever.May the Almighty God grant Billy Graham more knowledge in preparing us for the rapture.

5. joy says:

Jesus brothers gave him a hard time for a while too. It took them a while to get to know him too.

6. joy says:

Too much of anything can make one sick
    Including prescription drugs prescribed by a well meaning doctor. Too much talking is not good either.Solomon said let your words b be few because God is in heaven and you are on earth. Thankyou “Jesus saves”

7. Hugo Mwelwa Chilufya says:

May God grant dr graham grace and strength.

8. Eric Daniels says:

I saw my first Billy Graham crusade outreach movie at my high school back in 1972. I gave my life to Christ that afternoon. I did so again last night 41 years later, watching Dr. Graham on my local TV. Thank you Dr. Graham for your mission, outreach and your life lived without controversy.