Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

The Secret of Real Living

By   •   January 2

woman with Bible

Some Christians have learned little of a daily devotional life. Some time ago a policeman asked me what the secret of victorious living was. I told him that there is no magic formula that can be pronounced. If any word could describe it, I would say surrender. The second word I would say would be devotion. Nothing can take the place of a daily devotional life with Christ. Your quiet time, your prayer time, the time you spend in the Word, is absolutely essential for a happy Christian life. You cannot possibly be a happy, dynamic, and powerful Christian apart from a daily walk with Christ. Christ is calling Christians today to cleansing, to dedication, to consecration, and to full surrender. It will make the difference between success and failure in your spiritual life. It will make the difference between being helped and helping others. It will make a difference in your habits, in your prayer life, in your Bible reading, in your giving, in your testimony, and in your church membership. This is the Christian hour of decision!

I long for a deeper devotional life, living Lord. May I consecrate myself completely to You.

1. immanuel.digal says:

pray for me

2. Dede Nicholson says:

Never mind – I just found the fb page and can do it daily on there. Thank you

3. Kaye says:

What a great devotion to start the new year! Thanks Jim for passing this on.

4. carla glenn says:

such a nice message.. is so true..thank you…

5. maria says:

A deeper devotional life, A closer walk with Jesus is my desire. I cling to the promises that I am saved through Jesus Christ.

6. HANYIGA ELEANOR says:

I agree. Quality time with God on a daily basis, means everything to me.

7. Gerry says:

I could not agree more with Billy’s commentary. Daily Bible study and Prayer time are absolutely essential for steady Christian growth. Once it becomes an integral part of your day it also becomes the most important part. It provides you with the spiritual nourishment necessary to strengthen you for whatever lies ahead.

8. Mohammed Electricwala says:

Though being born in different faith but today’s message is extremely thought provoking and pertinent. Today’s message of surrendering, devotion and dedication to Christ-like life which is also known popularly as christian life is more relevant then it has been. We see all around us gloom and doom due to our pursuit of materialistic life style. The humility of Jesus Christ is overtaken and juxtaposed by greed and self aggrandizement… Pray for His SECOND coming……..

9. pradeep says: