The Power of Speech

By   •   March 11

women

You have a tongue and a voice. These instruments of speech can be used destructively or employed constructively. You can use your tongue to slander, to gripe, to scold, to nag, and to quarrel; or you can bring it under the control of God’s Spirit and make it an instrument of blessing and praise. The 20th-century version of James 3:3 says, “When we put bits into the horses’ mouths to make them obey us, we control the rest of their bodies also.” Just so, when we submit to the claims of Christ upon our lives, our untamed natures are brought under His control. We become meek, tamed, and “fit for the Master’s service.”

I would be under Your control, Lord Jesus
Christ. Take away the pride that keeps me from complete submission.

1. Sam K says:

Lord Jesus my prayer today is that you will help me have the wisdom to speak only things that are uplifting to people around me, and that my words will be as worship to you in all things. I have been so blessed in life, please allow me to share that blessing with others and for my life to be relevant and meaningful in ways that glorify you and help others to find you. I love you Lord Jesus.

2. Gerry says:

Taming the tongue, is perhaps one of the most difficult things to overcome. Satan is well aware of all the “things” that will encourage the negative emotions to surface. Then if we are not prayfully prepared, our tongue will shame us. Its always best, to think first …..then speak.

3. Joyce Paul says:

When our mind wanders to evil the best ”CLEANER” is to the Wisdom of The Bible to permeate our thoughts n hearts….it is better to bite ur tongue than to make a biting remark. Thanks n Blessings!

4. patsy bohannon says:

Thank you God for letting your Spirit control our lives and help us to go more good than evil.

5. Hannah says:

Mr. Graham you are so amazing my papa who is a preacher watches your crusades about every Saturday nights.You are amazing and your preaching touches my heart so much.You are so amazing
    -Hannah

6. Susan Campos says:

I pray Gods blessings over you & your family, He will give you peace, He will makes His face to shine upon you & your family, He will prosper you & will give you a future & a hope, with your husband & children . Jesus is able to do exceedingly ,abundantly, more than you could imagine. Sired is in Jesus’s hands.

7. watmon keith says:

Am inspired by this message because most of the success and failure of life are embedded in the tongue.

8. Nkwo samuel Ashu says:

Thank you Sir for the Gospel of our Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ! I pray the. That the. Lord will continues to raised up more preacher for his kingdom purpose.