The Power of Speech

By   •   March 11

women

You have a tongue and a voice. These instruments of speech can be used destructively or employed constructively. You can use your tongue to slander, to gripe, to scold, to nag, and to quarrel; or you can bring it under the control of God’s Spirit and make it an instrument of blessing and praise. The 20th-century version of James 3:3 says, “When we put bits into the horses’ mouths to make them obey us, we control the rest of their bodies also.” Just so, when we submit to the claims of Christ upon our lives, our untamed natures are brought under His control. We become meek, tamed, and “fit for the Master’s service.”

I would be under Your control, Lord Jesus
Christ. Take away the pride that keeps me from complete submission.

1. brenda says:

Thank you for all your ministries. God blesd

2. ALFRED KIMEU says:

It the time to preach the gospel of Christ to where it has to reached for this is the mission Christ left for us , for he said GO YE and preach the gospel ,am very happy by the effort you are putting towards the gospel of Christ since the beginning of your ministry.(Alfred from Kenya)

3. Mohamed gadwah says:

Let the of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord,my strength,and my redeemer.

4. Rita Reader says:

I like these devotionals.

5. Magnus Johansen says:

You have a tongue and a voice. But Jesus said to them I send you out as Lamb between Wolfs and the wild Lions and the Devil who is Satan himself . I take care of you , but be carefully and use you eyes to look around you . Choice the peoples there the Holy Spirit is over and tell them about Jesus the Saviour. I wish I was in follow with preachers like this on the Gate together. Amen.

6. Margareta Cronholm says:

Thank you. Yes almost every time we shall speek with a Jesus voice. But sometimes God allows us to speak frankly and loud for the wicked shall know there is a God and a justice for everyone.

7. BARBARA OBRYANT says:

GLAD I AM ABLE TO GIVE TO BGEA EACH MO. I feel it is for a good cause. have admiration and respect for such a great preacher and person…

8. Margaret says:

I am in desperate need of our Lord Jesus Christ in my life.I love him with my whole heart and soul.I am so determined to live the rest of my life with God my number one priority and walk with him for the rest of my journey here on Earth…Please pray for me.

9. Karen Rouse says:

Enjoy reading your daily devotions.

10. Susan says:

How true the power of our tounge. I recently learned a lesson oo this very topic.. I needed. this devotion. It confirms Im on the right patb. Thank you Lord for Holy Ghost conviction!