The Importance of Corporate Worship

By   •   February 5

worship

I will not argue with you about nature inspiring thoughts of God. David said, “The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament showeth His handiwork.” But at the same time, I would give you no comfort about absenting yourself from the house of God. The Bible says, “Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it.” If our Lord loved it enough to die for it, then we should respect it enough to support and attend it. I like what Theodore Roosevelt once said, “You may worship God anywhere, at any time, but the chances are that you will not do so unless you have first learned to worship Him somewhere in some particular place, at some particular time.”

Down through the years, beloved Lord, Christians have met to worship You. Thank You that I am a part of this blessed family.

1. Jean Blancharc says:

I pray for salvation for over thirty members of my family! My brother, Roy and his kids, grand kids,great grand kids! NONE ATTEND A CHURCH.

2. Cindy says:

Thank you Dr. Graham for proclaiming truth. Yes, it is true our body is the temple of Christ, but we are also the Body of Christ ( the Church). When we are in worship together and fellowship together we edify one another and glorify our Father. As Christians, especially in these last days we need to stick together.

3. Martha Hunt says:

I pray for Mr Graham to have a wonderfull day

4. Gerry says:

It is important to worship together with your brothers and sisters in the Lord. Gods word says where two or more believers are gathered together he will be there also. This brings great comfort to those who are unable to attend a larger church. God is not as concerned about quantity as he is quality.

5. Hellen says:

Thank You Lord.

6. apostlew.a says:

Romans 11:18 don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you.

7. apostlew.a says:

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don’t you know that you are a temple of God, and that God’s Spirit lives in you?

8. apostlew.a says:

Acts 17:24-25 The God who made the world and all things in it, he, being Lord of heaven and earth, doesn’t dwell in temples made with hands,
    neither is he served by men’s hands, as though he needed anything, seeing he himself gives to all life and breath, and all things.

9. apostlew.w says:

Colossians 2:20-23 If you died with Christ from the elements of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to ordinances,
    “Don’t handle, nor taste, nor touch”
    (all of which perish with use), according to the precepts and doctrines of men?
    Which things indeed appear like wisdom in self-imposed worship, and humility, and severity to the body; but aren’t of any value against the indulgence of the flesh.

10. apostlew.w says:

Matthew 12:6-8 But I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.
    But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless.
    For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”