Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

The Broken Home

By   •   December 1   •   Topics:

iStock_000008671630Small

The broken home has become the number one social problem of America, and could ultimately lead to the destruction of our civilization. Since the basic unit of any society is the home, when the home begins to break, the society is on the way to disintegration. It is a threat to the American way of life. It does not make screaming headlines; but, like termites, it is eating away at the heart and core of the American structure.

It is high time that our so-called experts on marriage, the family, and the home turn to the Bible. We have read newspaper columns and listened to counselors on the radio; psychiatrists have had a land-office business. In it all, the One who performed the first marriage in the Garden of Eden and instituted the union between man and wife has been left out.

I pray, Lord, for the homes in this beloved country. Without Your love and wisdom guiding us, our society will crumble.

1. Loretta says:

Lifting up all families in need of restoration

2. D.S.Rajsekhar,Triplicane,Chennai. says:

The family is a balanced environment. It is the birthplace of creativity,the formation centre for relationships, a shelter in the time of storms, a relay of truth, economic unit, educational control, and a museum of memories. Sin & mismanagement are corroding it.We are praising God for fickle reasons – a promotion here & a healing there, and frustrating Grace. A crucified experience with Christ is lacking. The old man & all of his proclivities should be crucified with Christ & nailed to the tree.Christ wept for Jerusalem & would have gathered like a hen,her chickens,but she would not.He has delayed His second coming,waiting for me & the last sinner,yet to come by about 2000 years,now..Let’s not frustrate Grace.

3. Linda says:

I see a lot of request for prayers to restore a broken family. I too, ask for prayers to restore the love in my family.

4. Jerremy says:

I want to start by saying that I Love the LORD. It has been a very tough year for me and my family. My wife and I are currently out of work and have been that way for about three weeks now. We have three beautiful children and Christmas coming up. The bills are piling up. We have put in for multiple jobs but nothing as of this testament . We are going to continue to pray daily and keep GOD in our life’s and our house . So please us in your thoughts and prayers.

5. cindy dillingham says:

Please pray for all families.

6. Kevin Morrow says:

Amen…

7. Cynthia says:

Please pray for my family. Our whole family needs God.

8. Susie says:

And for those of a broken home- my prayer is not for your guilt but sorrow of your loss. Blaming and judging will perpetuate the destruction, while sorrow for the loss will help those involved be open to God’s guidance and thereby heal and repair.

9. Richard Cunningham says:

Please pray for my family and myself. Pray for Gods intervention and healing touch.

10. Ray Pippin says:

Please pray for the restoration of my family.