Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Thanksgiving With Meaning

By   •   November 22   •   Topics:

30400204

It is the custom of many Christians to bow their heads in public places and give thanks for the food that has been placed before them. I have had scores of waiters and waitresses tell me that when we bowed our heads, it was the first time they had ever seen that happen in their restaurant.

Millions never pause to give a word of thanks to God for the food provided. Few homes have a moment of thanksgiving at the beginning of the meal or at any other time of the day. Even at Thanksgiving time only a minority will pause and give thanks to God.

Thanksgiving is recognition of a debt that cannot be paid. We express thanks, whether or not we are able otherwise to reimburse the giver. When thanksgiving is filled with true meaning and is not just the formality of a polite “thank you,” it is the recognition of dependence.

Lord Jesus, I know that apart from You I can do nothing of lasting value. Help me to come to the end of self and allow You to control the reins of my life.

1. Dante love Jones says:

Let us all love each other tenderly and cherish each other in thoughts and prayer amen!!!!

2. Paa Kow Adom says:

Yes, we have to thank God for our very existence. For in Him we move, live and have our being. He is our yesterday, today and tomorrow. I thank God for His great love for me. Everyday of my life has been up and up and up, just by His grace. He is awesome!! I can look tomorrow with full confidence because he has it in His hands. Love you, daddy. Thanks.

3. michael says:

Oh yes, as we pause to give thanks, esp. on this upcoming day & to remember those who are struggling in places like upstate New York & other situations.

4. Gerry says:

The Lord blesses us in countless ways, everyday. We need to give thanks for the things that we are aware of . Then give further thanks for the things he does for us that are unseen.

5. opadeji olugbenga says:

These inspirational words have really added to my faith in God. Thank you Lord.

6. Joyce Paul says:

Blessed Thanksgiving Day Dr Billy Graham,Franklin Graham, Will Graham, Anne Graham Lotz & BGEA! God, Who has given so much to us,Give one more thing__A Grateful heart! Praise Lord!

7. usha Patel says:

Thank u Lord..

8. diane says:

Dear Mr. Graham, Thank you for running your race so beautifully as God intended. Thank you for being a stunning example of following Christ here on earth. I realize it is not any easier for you than for anyone else here on this earth and thank God for giving you the open doors that we could see you. May God give you His precious healing touch in Jesus mighty name. Happy Thanksgiving Mr. Graham.

9. Janet Spaeth says:

I am thankful to God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me. Thank you Billy for your inspirational words.

10. Margareta Cronholm says:

To give thanks to the Lord, helps us when we are persecuted. And God delight in us!