Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Thanksgiving With Meaning

By   •   November 22   •   Topics:

30400204

It is the custom of many Christians to bow their heads in public places and give thanks for the food that has been placed before them. I have had scores of waiters and waitresses tell me that when we bowed our heads, it was the first time they had ever seen that happen in their restaurant.

Millions never pause to give a word of thanks to God for the food provided. Few homes have a moment of thanksgiving at the beginning of the meal or at any other time of the day. Even at Thanksgiving time only a minority will pause and give thanks to God.

Thanksgiving is recognition of a debt that cannot be paid. We express thanks, whether or not we are able otherwise to reimburse the giver. When thanksgiving is filled with true meaning and is not just the formality of a polite “thank you,” it is the recognition of dependence.

Lord Jesus, I know that apart from You I can do nothing of lasting value. Help me to come to the end of self and allow You to control the reins of my life.

1. Val says:

I thank The Lord daily for His graciousness! Everything I have, protection, provisions, and most of all His Unmerited Grace in abundance!

2. Nwaokolo David says:

3. David says:

All glory to God. I used to think Billy Graham was one of those God’s generals like in the days of John Wesley. I just realised that he is a living saint when I watched his recent speech(probably his birthday speech) on CTV yesterday. God bless you Billy Graham. You will never be lost, you shall finish the race well in Jesus’ name. Amen

4. James says:

Thank You So Much…..much needed.

5. Gerald McLain says:

When I bow my head this Thanksgiving to pray with my family, I will take an extra moment to thank Him for the men of God who’ve influenced my life and you’re one of them Mr. Graham. I pray for a blessed Thanksgiving for you and your family.

6. bruce says:

I thank God every day for loving mme a sin. er saved by Grace

7. Martin linus says:

May the lord bless you for the zeal of the gospel,for you are a blessing to many.Receive your healing in Jesus name.

8. bruce says:

I thank God every day for loving mme a singer save ed by grace.

9. Debbie Dean says:

Thank you Billy Graham for bringing light to the world by sharing God’s word to the world for so many years. You have been a blessing to so many people during your lifetime. You have lived out the words of Peter…”Anyone who speaks should speak words from God. Anyone who serves should serve with the strength God gives so that in everything God will be praised through Jesus Christ. Power and glory belong to him forever and ever.” 1 Peter 4:11

10. Rubielyn says:

When i saw the Bible verse it really moved me a lot,because in this moment in life my heart is actually breaking because I want to go home, I’m in Denmark right now but originally I’m from the Philippines. I’m not happy with my work here,I actually signed a two year contract but it is up to me if I will pursue this or not (if I’m not happy) and that’s what I feel this passed few days to think I can’t even sleep of it. Help me to pray,and I just want to go home.. Thank you sir Billy, I know God will truly bless you.