Tame Your Tongue

By   •   February 19   •   Topics: ,

women talking

The problems of the world could be solved overnight if men could get victory over their tongues. Suppose there was no anger, no profanity, no lying, no grumbling or complaining; suppose there were no dirty stories told, no unjust criticism—what a different world this would be! The Bible teaches that a man who can control his tongue can control his whole personality. We should ask ourselves three questions before we speak: Is it true? Is it kind? Does it glorify Christ? If we would always think before we speak, there would be much less evil speaking, and there would soon be a spiritual awakening that would sweep the church in America.

May I remember how important it is to keep a check on my tongue. I pray that my conversation this day will be pleasing in Your sight, Lord.

1. ahalyabalan says:

So blessed

2. Laura Speer says:

I have to confess, I am guilty of not holding my tongue. I find that is one of the hardest things for me to do. I am asking the readers of this Daily Devotional to please pray for me. I have found I can not do this alone. I want my religious life to be pleasing to GOD and to Glorifying to Him. Thank You

3. Glassie Locklear says:

Thank you for sharing a positive word of encouragement that guides all to think before one speaks. I plan, as always, to ponder these words of truth and practice them through out this day and days to come. Hopefully my efforts through God’s help will have a positive impact in my life and the life of others.

4. Gerry says:

This is so true, most of us have opinions on many topics. Often , we speak before we think. Once spoken, it is nearly impossible to undo the permanent damage a careless statement can have. Think first.

5. Joyce Paul says:

Kind n Soft words could be a message of cheer from GOD to a needy soul. LORD make me channel of Blessing as YOU gives us all we need, so we can give to others in their need. GOD BLESS US ALL! Amen.

6. Tommy says:

My prayers are for wisdom & patience to recognize situations, to stay quiet, so the Holy Spirit can work to guide me, instead of loosing control of myself.

7. christopher says:

I love this and god.

8. R S JACOB JESURUN says:

Words of Godly wisdom..Amen..

9. Phillip Lottering says:

There is life and death in the tongue