Tame Your Tongue

By   •   February 19   •   Topics: ,

women talking

The problems of the world could be solved overnight if men could get victory over their tongues. Suppose there was no anger, no profanity, no lying, no grumbling or complaining; suppose there were no dirty stories told, no unjust criticism-what a different world this would be! The Bible teaches that a man who can control his tongue can control his whole personality. We should ask ourselves three questions before we speak: Is it true? Is it kind? Does it glorify Christ? If we would always think before we speak, there would be much less evil speaking, and there would soon be a spiritual awakening that would sweep the church in America.

May I remember how important it is to keep a check on my tongue. I pray that my conversation this day will be pleasing in Your sight, Lord.

1. phyllis myles says:

Thank you for this message, will do this all week and beyond. Thank you Mr. Graham for you Goly leadership.

2. Bimal poudel says:

Amen

3. Chria dodd says:

Very true

4. amanda lynn walker says:

jesus loves you

1. Freddy Hoe says:

Yes, how true for all christians to follow

5. angelica banegas says:

I feel really bad, because I didn’t ask my self those 3 questions. I had a problem with my siblings, I felt attacked by both I didn’t control my self, I wish I could take every word I ever said it made things worse. All I can do is repent and ask God for his love and forgiveness to help me through this situation. Love always angelica.

1. Tracey says:

I fell into this same situation : ( Not an easy one in the first place for my set of circumstances, but I with God’s help and strength had been doing real well handling situations with my sister. The last two days of her irrationality and vulgarity put me over the edge! I had bit my tongue for as long as I could I felt, and had been loving and rational trying to work things through with an individual incapable of that. I too didn’t ask those 3 questions, or even for His help : (( and just felt overwhelmed with anger, bitterness, and an unloving attitude toward her when she relentlessly continued on and on, feeling justified to hurt her back : (( I too felt attacked, and lost self control. I am so ashamed of myself, so disappointed that I sinned against God and against her. I have been a source of support and encouragement breathing life into her darkness, God leading me through so much with her, and I feel like I just blew it : ( Some example that was : l Oh how I wish I could walk this perfectly always! I have been on my knees in repentance, I have lifted her up to Him, I have lifted my anger, bitterness, and forgiveness, and traded them for His Love, Compassion, Forgiveness, and Grace. I have made amends to my sister for my part and leave the rest to God. One thing for sure is, when I fall short of God’s Will for me, I am humbled before God…. and there is always growth, and a change in me for the better. Hard lessons learned. Blessings. Thank You Father for Your amazing Love, Guidance, and Correction. Thank You for Your Mercy and Grace, Amen

2. thankful says:

I did the same thing to my husband. Because he is having a tough time right now, his temper is really short and he ends up saying really mean things to me. In turn, I have returning the verbal abuse to protect myself. I repent right now because I am the only light in his light right now. Please forgive me Lord. Wish I could take back the mean things that I have said. Please give me help to get through this stressful time.

6. vic says:

It is our privilege and responsibility as Christians to speak forth positive life-giving words in a world immersed in negativity. After all Proverbs 12:25 says that “Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.” and “pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones” (Proverbs 16:24).

7. John says:

keep on in Christ

8. Randy Wright says:

Great. Can’t stop thinking of this devotional, As it should be. Thank you and Thank God for your ministry