Relying on Grace

By   •   December 6   •   Topics:

45395101

Let us face this fact: We came into the world with nothing, and we will leave it with nothing. Where do we get the notion that man’s idea of success and God’s are the same? You have written a book; you are a clever manager and promoter; you are a talented artist; you are independently rich; you have achieved fame and fortune. Without the gifts of intelligence, imagination, personality, and physical energy-which are all endowed by God-where would you be? Are we not born poor? Do we not die poor? And would we not be poor indeed without God’s infinite mercy and love?

We came out of nothing; and if we are anything, it is because God is everything. If He were to withhold His power for one brief instant from us, if He were to hold in check the breath of life for one moment, our physical existence would shrivel into nothingness, and our souls would be whisked away into an endless eternity. Those who are poor in spirit recognize their creatureliness and their sinfulness-but more, they are ready to confess their sins and renounce them.

All I have or am, Lord God, has been given to me by Your almighty hands. Forgive me when I tend to boast about my own accomplishments—for I am nothing without Your grace and love.

1. lee carstensen says:

Thank You for Gods message through you! I had just finished balancing my check book and it was looking real ugly for Christmas. I had a terrible knot in my stomach! I read your Devotional and Prayer for the Day and instantly I heard the Holy Spirit reminding me that I should not worry because God is making all my decisions and to just leave everything in His hands and if it is his will everything will be ok, no matter what, because God loves me. Instantly the knot in my stomach disappeared. Praise the Lord we are all so blessed with Gods Love!

2. DOROTHY G NORWOOD says:

“GOD BLESS” BILLY GRAHAM FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WAYS YOU HAVE PRESENTED “JESUS” & “SALVATION” TO MILLIONS. “GOD” LOVES YOU & SO DO I, FOR SHARING “GODS” WORD WITH THE WORLD. “MERRY CHRISTMAS” & “HAPPY NEW YEAR”.

3. jebert kankunga says:

Thanks for this en-lighting message!

4. David says:

Thank you Mr. Graham for your unwavering faith in Christ. Lord, please remember by growing up family this Christmas season…how desperately we all need You, Your love and grace. May God Bless you and your family Mr. Graham

5. alan says:

His mercies are new every morning, how great is that!!!!!!!

6. Abraham MAFUTA says:

Yes brother Billy; what we are or what we have is nothing because everything passes away but God only is Eternal we therefore have to focus on God the creator of all

7. Wisdom says:

For as to live its not our doing, but its the Lord

8. prince wale says:

Thanks you for your grace O”GOD

9. Romeo Lingad says:

Amen! Thank you mr. Graham for a reminder of who we are:) it’s all about The Lord. What we are what we accomplished & what we have. It all came from The Lord. Praise His Holy name.

10. Abraham MAFUTA says:

Dear Brother Billy. Thank you for your exhortations. I witness that you have not changed since I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in Your crusade back in Ashville North Carolina the 25th of March 1977. You have maintained consistency and firmity in your dispensation of the word of our Father. I will say that I am proud of being your son in the Lord Jesus Christ and I pray God to keep blessing you; your family, Ministry and your work. God bless you!