Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Relying on Grace

By   •   December 6   •   Topics:

45395101

Let us face this fact: We came into the world with nothing, and we will leave it with nothing. Where do we get the notion that man’s idea of success and God’s are the same? You have written a book; you are a clever manager and promoter; you are a talented artist; you are independently rich; you have achieved fame and fortune. Without the gifts of intelligence, imagination, personality, and physical energy-which are all endowed by God-where would you be? Are we not born poor? Do we not die poor? And would we not be poor indeed without God’s infinite mercy and love?

We came out of nothing; and if we are anything, it is because God is everything. If He were to withhold His power for one brief instant from us, if He were to hold in check the breath of life for one moment, our physical existence would shrivel into nothingness, and our souls would be whisked away into an endless eternity. Those who are poor in spirit recognize their creatureliness and their sinfulness-but more, they are ready to confess their sins and renounce them.

All I have or am, Lord God, has been given to me by Your almighty hands. Forgive me when I tend to boast about my own accomplishments—for I am nothing without Your grace and love.

1. Bend Mend says:

It not our strength, not our beauty, and our riches but is the grace of God that had made us who we are

2. Olie says:

Lord God thanks for Your grace and mercy, the very fact that we’re still alive today convinced us of how much You really love us even though we deserve nothing but condemnation because of our many transgressions. Thank You Lord for the wonderful gift of SALVATION through our faith to your son Jesus Christ our Lord Amen.

3. Lucky Aziakpono Jude says:

Truely we can’t do without God’s Grace. I need more of God’ Grace because Grace is just like grease to our engine of life which helps to reduce spiritual friction, giving us speed in all we do. I like this topic!

4. lori says:

God. I need your Grace and mercy and forgiveness this day. You have been so faithful and given me unwavering love true

1. Alicia says:

Praying for you, sister, that you will be filled with the Holy Spirit and wrapped up in the love of Christ that you will feel the Lord’s wonderful arms around you, filled with His comfort, grace and peace. In Jesus precious, precious name! Amen <3

5. Florence D Nikiyuluw says:

Dear Billy Graham..the Lord Jesus bless you. My family, parents loved yo hear your sermons. My father was so inspired by the way you preach, and all for the glory of Jesus Christ. Thank you Billy, and the Lord give you strength health, and God bless your fam n ministry. Warmest wishes: florence D N

6. Prajwal says:

Thank you Lord for this new day and the beautiful devotion time that I got. So often I’m filled with pride and keep boasting about my things but thank you Lord for once again humbling me and bringing me to the Cross. Thank you Lord

7. D.S.Rajsekhar,Triplicane,Chennai. says:

David,under the inspiration of God’s Spirit, shared in psalms 139:16 that the days of his life had been written down and scripted by God, even before he had ever been born.God has a pre-determined plan that He’s scripted for each of us, and we discover it as we walk in step with His Spirit. How incredible is that! The world’s greatest Writer has written out our life’s story. .A book’s value is often determined by the author who wrote it. How valuable, then, is your life, given the Almighty Author who’s behind it.
    “Lord, we’re humbled by the thought of You authoring our lives. Keep us in Your ways, and may we never forget that we’re walking in what You’ve written.”

8. Sandy N. says:

Billy Graham was a close friend of Hershel Davis, a distant cousin. He told wonderful stories about their youth in N.C. I thank Mr.Graham for all he has done over the many years to lead our Presidents and other world leaders. I pray that peace and joy will be his at this glorious Christmas season.

9. RVVSRAO says:

we love u billy graham and his ministries.