Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Questioning

By   •   April 29   •   Topics:

man sitting in fence

It is not unusual for persons in their early twenties to defect from their early teaching. The reasons are many. Perhaps their exposure to unbelief “took” better than their exposure to belief. This is often the case, for the Bible says, “The heart of man is deceitful above all things.”

The human heart is as prepared by sin to accept unbelief as faith. Some person they regard highly has undoubtedly influenced their thinking; and for the time being they look on their early training as “bunk.” As someone has said, “A little learning may take a man away from God, but full understanding will bring him back.”

Some of the staunchest Christians I know are people who had periods in their life when they questioned the Bible, Christ, and God. But as they continued to examine the matter, there was overwhelming evidence that only “the fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.”

I pray for all the questioning people today, Lord, remembering times in my own life when unbelief reigned.

1. Charla says:

I too have a son who needs prayer. He was raised in a Christian home and Church. I pray with others here who have written. We all fall short, but the Lord is forgiving. My prayer is they who we know need to come back will be found like the lost sheep and be returned. Thank you for this place where two and more are gathered today. Thank you for your prayers with me for my son also

2. Joy says:

Thankyou. PTL.

3. Rita says:

To those reading this, please pray for Andrew our son. He needs to come back to God. We believe he will eventually but the waiting is difficult. Praise God that He walks with us through these times!

1. Keri says:

Rita you are not alone. I know the pain all too well. I am praying for you and your family. God has his mighty hand in our sons lives. Love in Christ.

4. Margareta Cronholm says:

Thank you, I like the two senteses.”the human heart is as prapared by sin to accept unbelief as faith.”their exposure to unbelief “took” better than their exposure to belief” and your exellent prayer!

5. marilyn says:

I enjoy reading your post

6. terron clarke says:

Thank god for those words of encouragement because many times we seek to question the will of god for our lives, why is this not right when everyone is doing it but when u begin to understand the word of god u realize that the people of god must be different

7. Cindy says:

Raising children brings a whole perspective on how God must see His children when we stray from him. Our two sons are living outside of God’s will and it breaks my heart, then I remember when I was living as though there is no God. Thank you Father for your patience and forgiveness to welcome back prodigals.

8. Joe says:

Amen. Bring them all back to You Good Lord.

9. Gerry says:

As believing parents it is always difficult to watch one of our children or grandchildren go astray.. However after experiencing a season of doubt and difficulty in the world they generally return to their Christian roots.

1. April says:

I think we all, as fallen creatures, stray at some point…the prodigal did as well. But scripture, in it’s truth, reminds us that “None shall be snatched from His hand.” All we can do is trust in truth and be the prayer warriors for our children and grandchildren and “Raise up a child in the way he should go. When he is old he shall not depart from it.”

10. Joyce Paul says:

GOD pour HIS love into our hearts to flow out to other.
    Authentic love is a gift from GOD that we can keep on giving. PRAISE THE LORD! Hallelujah!!!

1. Crystal Brown says: