Overcome Temptation

By   •   February 20   •   Topics:

Bible

When temptations come, let me suggest that you ask God for strength-and also to show you the way He has prepared for your escape. One other word of counsel; be very sure that you do not deliberately place yourself in a position to be tempted. All of us are not subjected to the same weaknesses and temptations. To one, alcohol may be the temptation; to another, it may be impure thoughts and acts; to another, greed and covetousness; to another, criticism and an unloving attitude. Regardless of what it may be, be sure that Satan will tempt you at your weak point, not the strong. Our Lord has given us an example of how to overcome the devil’s temptations. When He was tempted in the wilderness, He defeated Satan every time by the use of the Bible.

Going Further: Biblical Advice on Facing Temptation.

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Strengthen Your Walk With Christ.

With the shield of Your Word, I will face temptation, almighty God.

1. Jose rodriguez says:

When tempted focus on God and ask him in prayer for his strength and you shall over come it all.

2. Kimberley Morris says:

Amen!!! Father let me stand strong in your words and glory. Shield me dear father from the wickedness of Satan’s temptations.

3. Marie Delfin says:

We must depend on God always to give us the strength to overcome or stay away from temptations.

4. Berhane Jembere says:

It is good message God bless you

5. Laura Speer says:

i pray that my Father GOD will keep me from temptation. Satan is very sly and can tempt us into sin before we know it. We must always keep our gard up, with the help of our Savior.

6. Gerry says:

We are no match for Satan on our own power and strength. We must ask God in prayer each day for his help to overcome temptation and Satan’s deceiptive ways. He is well aware of our areas of vulnerability.

7. Sarep Nang Sar says:

All i want to say is “Thank you so much ” to Billy Graham ministry.

8. Joyce Paul says:

The best way to escape temptation is to run to GOD! With GOD, there is hope even in the most hopeless situation. Pleace pray for me, I have pain in my heart and chestbone(sternum) God Richly Bless U n Ur Ministries! Amen.

9. Mamie justice says:

When I am reminded of all the suffering “my Father in heaven” has suffered on the cross & my failure to honor Him in all things; I repent daily sometimes hourly. Please help me understand “WHY” the world is calling My Father in heaven” Daddy? My Daddy died in 1971. All who knows me knows my love for him has always been stronger than for any earthly man. Yet he did not die for me nor did he lead me to my Heavenly Father. Don’t figure!!!