Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Overcome Temptation

By   •   February 20   •   Topics:

Bible

When temptations come, let me suggest that you ask God for strength-and also to show you the way He has prepared for your escape. One other word of counsel; be very sure that you do not deliberately place yourself in a position to be tempted. All of us are not subjected to the same weaknesses and temptations. To one, alcohol may be the temptation; to another, it may be impure thoughts and acts; to another, greed and covetousness; to another, criticism and an unloving attitude. Regardless of what it may be, be sure that Satan will tempt you at your weak point, not the strong. Our Lord has given us an example of how to overcome the devil’s temptations. When He was tempted in the wilderness, He defeated Satan every time by the use of the Bible.

Going Further: Biblical Advice on Facing Temptation.

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Strengthen Your Walk With Christ.

With the shield of Your Word, I will face temptation, almighty God.

1. Sandra Lamb says:

I love what Billy Graham has done through God for all people.

2. Maxine says:

Pray for me

3. Jimmy Adams says:

It is good to have some one you can come to and ask for help in what to do god word is always there for us
    So time we don’t know ware to look for the help that god word can give you that help some time we need some one to show us ware to look thank you

4. PRINCE CJ says:

it is my heart desire to overcome temptations, but often times i find myself inside the temptations, please help me pray that God will help me. I dont like it at all, i want to resit temptations everyday of my life, please help me God

5. Stanley Mupundu says:

This is aw same, wonderful. This past week end we visited young addicted to alcohol. He had this temptation of alcohol and prostitution.
    Oh thank you, you are blessed, I ask if you could pray me and others win people into God’s way
    Thanks

6. Beth says:

I was raised listening to Billy Graham and attended his revivals. A wonderful man who has reached many generations. Thank you for being a part of my life.

7. Marylou Galan says:

Thank you for your teachings. I need a guide to study about tentation.

8. Michael waweru says:

Ithnk God for you, continue with your good work.

9. FELIX BONAT TAHBAT says:

THANK YOU SIR, I RECEIVE STRENGTH TO OVERCOME EVERY TEMPTATION. IN JESUS PRECIOUS NAME AMEN.

10. Joyce says:

I rededicated myself to Christ during one of the Billy Graham broadcasts. The happiness it has brought me is overwhelming! I want so much to grow in Him and find God as a friend. I am having devotions every day and hopefully growing. Please pray for me!!