Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Overcome Temptation

By   •   February 20   •   Topics:

Bible

When temptations come, let me suggest that you ask God for strength-and also to show you the way He has prepared for your escape. One other word of counsel; be very sure that you do not deliberately place yourself in a position to be tempted. All of us are not subjected to the same weaknesses and temptations. To one, alcohol may be the temptation; to another, it may be impure thoughts and acts; to another, greed and covetousness; to another, criticism and an unloving attitude. Regardless of what it may be, be sure that Satan will tempt you at your weak point, not the strong. Our Lord has given us an example of how to overcome the devil’s temptations. When He was tempted in the wilderness, He defeated Satan every time by the use of the Bible.

Going Further: Biblical Advice on Facing Temptation.

Billy Graham’s Daily Devotion: Strengthen Your Walk With Christ.

With the shield of Your Word, I will face temptation, almighty God.

1. Anna says:

Thank you to give me opportunity to read this beautiful word of God.God bless you. Annna.

2. Gerry says:

The things that tempt one person may have no effect on another. However ,one thing is certain. We are all tempted at times, in some way. The only effective way to defend yourself from satans cunning attacks, is through the mighty power of Gods Holy Spirit.

3. Bob DeGraw says:

God i need your guidance everyday, in every situation. Guard me Father in all situations. Everyday, every reading is aimed at me. I’m glad they are because i need my God. Praise be to God

4. BALAN says:

Thanks for re afiriming the POWER of the WORD OF GOD

5. Paul Kashim says:

Oh Lord! Give me the grace to always overcome temptations.

6. Joyce Paul says:

WORD of GOD is the only Protection and Shield! HALLELUJAH!!! amen

7. Joyce Paul says:

Only the WORD of God is our Protection and Shield. PRAISE HIS NAME! HALLELUJAH !!! amen.

8. Alice Faye Combs says:

These words are so comforting and a guide as to how to overcome temptation. It is at every turn unless you are embedded in the scripture.

9. Bambie Poindexter says:

Thank you for your ministry! My son graduated from re-hab at the Salvation Army facility in Burbank, and is reading this devotion daily, and now, so am I!! I have walked with Jesus for 39 years, I have stumbled, been tested, and bear a thorn in my side daily. My thorn reminds me to hang on tight to my Lord’s hand for He surely will bear me up on wings of eagles through the test. God’s most perfect will, and blessings to you all.

10. Hadassah Harveya says:

Thanks for re afiriming the POWER of the WORD. It is helpful for me to recognize my weakness and any strong holds. Its much easier to fight something that you know is there and try t notice how and when the enemies tries to tempt you most, with it.