Our Greatest Need

By   •   June 23   •   Topics:

man looking out office window

You can put a public school and university in the middle of every block of every city in America—but you will never keep America from rotting morally by mere intellectual education. Education cannot be properly called education which neglects the most important parts of man’s nature. Partial education throughout the world is far worse than none at all if we educate the mind but not the soul. To think of civilizing men without converting them to Christ is about as wise as to think about transforming wolves into lambs merely by washing them and putting on them a fleece of wool. “Happy are the merciful; for they shall obtain mercy.” The mercy the world needs is the grace, love, and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is His transforming and regenerating power that the world needs more than anything else.

Merciful Lord, may my life be filled with Your outflowing love for others.

1. robertbangsund says:

Amen.

2. Victor Taylor says:

Lord have mercy on me and restore to me the joy of your salvation. Thanks for today’s devotion, and I’m blessed by it. However, I need help in prayer because my life as a christian is going down the drain; now I see prayer at a burden, although I still read the bible but not with seriousness at I used to before, so please remember me in your prayers.

3. Stephen Hall says:

Lord, I know at least partially, that both people whom, and ideas which I was exposed to during my education, as well as my own selfish insecure will, were among the factors whence I fell away from You. As I now try to study Your Word, help me find guidance from You, from my church and from others who can impart their wisdom. I need your transformation and regeneration within my mind and soul. May more schools offer the freedom of opportunity for students to study thy Word.

4. SUsan G says:

Amen Brother Graham. This has never been truer or more urgent. Thank you and God bless you.

5. Christine Mawusi says:

Lord help us. Amen!

6. Joyce Paul says:

Dear Father,help me to reflect Your Light into the world around me today. May all that I say n do bear witness of Your Light n Truth. May others see how Wonderful You are! God Richly Bless U n Ur BGEA! Amen.

7. Barb Bowman says:

I was recently given the opportunity to view Kirk Cameron’s video called “Monumental”. The content agrees with what you have said , as I do also. There is nothing more important for all people to know than the sacrificial love of Jesus Christ, my Savior!

8. Rowland says:

Lord pls have mercy on me. Forgive me all my sins and give me the grace to work in accordance to your will in Jesus name

9. Donna L. Miller says:

We so often get so wrapped in ourselves, that we forget to love others, help others, and show mercy to those in need. This is sooo important as it not only benefit them, but us,in return! I have learned this lesson so many times during a divorce, grief, etc. By loving and helping others, it helps us through troubling times and certainly heals us. Today’s society is so “self/me” oriented, and we need to remember that loving and giving to others is a critical part of being a Christian.