Our Basic Need

By   •   April 20   •   Topics:

woman looking out window on dark day

A basic need of mankind is affection. Those who “abide in Him” are objects of God’s affection and love. You cannot say that you are friendless when Christ has said, “Henceforth I call you not servants . . . but I have called you friends” (John 15:15). To you who lament the fact that you have been bereft of affection and love in this life, I happily commend Christ. He loved you enough to lay down His life for you. Not only that, but by His atonement upon the cross, He purchased the favor of God in your behalf, and now through Him you may be the recipient of the grace and love of God without measure.

Thank You for Your love, Father, that no matter where I am—in whatever situation—You are there, loving me.

1. fumio shibata says:

Looking for practical tools, daily devotions, classic Billy Graham sermon “pearls”

2. vicky lea esperanza says:

I grew up watching Billy Graham, amazing man

3. Julia says:

Thank you Lord for being there for me. I know you love me.

4. Gerry says:

What better friend and companion could anyone ever ask for, than Jesus Christ, God’s Holy Son. He Loves us….warts and all.

5. Joyce Paul says:

May our day be filled with Grace n may God open the door within our soul so that we may know how very loved we are. In knowing that LOVE, may we see other in this Light. PRAISE THE LORD!!! AMEN

6. Myrna says:

And we know and believe…the love God cherishes for us. God is love, and He who dwells and continues in love dwells and continues in God, and God dwells and continues in Him.

7. Myrna says:

The Bible says that in Him we live, move and have our being. That tells me that without Him, life is not complete. A person who has great love is one who is able to release people and things.

8. Susie says:

Alleluia! And what a friendship it is! On this Easter, we celebrate the “Whole-liness” of Christ and his Father. Together again, after all the suffering. The saddest part of the crucifixion for me is that moment when Christ felt separated from his father- it was terrifying. So today we celebrate that homecoming. So to all those who have felt separated from their fathers- today, know that The Father, and his son welcome us and love us! Alleluia!

9. Gerry says:

God’s love surrounds us always. He longs to be our closest friend. All we need to do is ask him. …..then let him.