Looking for a cause?

By   •   April 13   •   Topics:

young woman praying

In a book called “The Age of Longing” we read that an American girl married a radical revolutionary in Paris. She had lost her faith at an American University—lost all the religious faith she had, and all the things her parents had told her. She was asked why she married him. She said, “He’s the first person I have ever known who believes something strong enough to die for it. Although I don’t believe exactly as he does, I was attracted to this man who had found a cause.” I find that young people today are looking for a cause, and they are not looking for something easy.

Some time ago a university student in Moscow told one of my colleagues, “You Christians say that you are going to win the world, but we’ve done more in fifty years than you’ve done in two thousand years. And do you know why? It is because you are not committed. We are. We will win, you’ll see.”

I look at my dedication to You, Jesus, my Lord and Savior, and am ashamed—You gave everything for me. May I always live totally committed in love to You.

1. oscar chambukila says:

When we were in need God gave.

2. Gerry says:

There is no higher calling than to work for the cause of Christ. We are not all called to be preachers, etc. However there is much that can be accomplished with the gifts God has blessed us with, within our own small sphere of influence.

3. Leanna J. Beck ( Jeanne) says:

May God Bless all of you today as He has blessed me. Before I read this devotional I watched Franklin and his daughter Cissy venture through the Holy Lands and it was very moving as I always wanted to go but never had the chance. It was a blessing to see where Jesus actually walked and where He gave His life for ours. That really touched my heart.It is a good tool to use to share with others. Thank-you for sharing that! God Bless you and have a Blessed Day!

4. Joyce Paul says:

When we understand the cost of our Salvation, we learn to be truly thankful. Salvation is infinitely costly, but absolutely free. Glory to His name! God bless us. Amen.

5. Suzanne says:

Thank you for this daily devotion it has made me realize I need to be more thankful the Jesus for all He has done for me and I pray that I follow in the path of righteousness.

6. Gerry says:

What we say we believe in, will usually be revealed by what we do. We need to let the Light of Christ shine through our actions.

7. Katie Manning says:

My Lord is with me always

8. Joyce Paul says:

GOD LOVES US! GREATEST BLESSING OF GOD ALMIGHTY! HAPPY PALM SUNDAY!
    GOD Bless you all. amen.

9. franciscus van ylst says:

Thank you for the daily devotion from Billy Graham EA. I have been nourished by it. God bless you all.