Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Light and Shadow

By   •   June 5   •   Topics:

sunlight through trees

All the masterpieces of art contain both light and shadow. A happy life is one filled not only with sunshine, but one which uses both light and shadow to produce beauty. The greatest musicians, as a rule, are those who know how to bring song out of sadness. Fanny Crosby, her spirit aglow with faith in Christ, saw more with her sightless eyes than most of us do with normal vision. She has given us some of the great gospel songs which cheer our hearts and lives. In a rat-infested jail in Philippi, Paul and Silas sang their song of praise at midnight to the accompaniment of the jailer’s whip. But their patience in suffering and persecution led to the heathen warden’s conviction.

Let my heart learn to sing when everything around me seems so dark. Give me Your grace to praise You, Lord Jesus.

1. aurelia says:

thank you Lord for focusing my attention on you and not my circumstances because those too shall pass but you my God are forever. I was being pulled in a different direction today and began searching your site. God is always there – his word is true. My lesson once again. whew!!!

2. Claudia Brantley says:

James, please, please read and meditate on Psalm 103. This is what Jesus provided for you by his finished work. He wants you to receive it and confess it as yours. Speak it out of your mouth- the good things the Lord has done for you and it will feed your spirit man. Soon you will be lifted up with the revelation of Psalm 103 and all of the benefits He has already provided for you and they will manifest in your life! He loves you!!!!! And I do too dear brother! You are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus!

3. Michele Tiffen says:

Your ministry has been a blessing to millions and I’m 1 of them. I was saved @ celebration of hope, Belfast 4-4-08 and haven’t looked back. Thank u & God bless u

4. kyle m bozian says:

That “lights & shadows” story was so timely, & very relatable. Somehow in the challenging life I lead, it gives me strength, comfort & peace. Thank-you again, for allowing yourself to be used by God to help so many so much.

5. Mary McMahon, president of N4TN says:

We are with you in prayer and spirit as our ministries connect in the spirit of Christ as we share the hope of the gospel to reach the lost, free those who are under slavery from false teachings, idol worship and sin. May the Lord continue to strengthen our ministries to bring the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.

6. Joe says:

Praise be God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

7. Gerry says:

Difficult times in life can lead us closer to God. We tend to refocus our attention on him when times are tough. When all is going well we can become complacent.

8. Joyce Paul says:

In all circumstance we can give thanks that GOD has not left us on our own. PRAISE THE LORD!!!
    God Bless us all! amen.

9. James Collura says:

I’m having a real hard time right now with life

1. J. May says:

Just remember what Job went through.

2. Jonathan says:

James, I hope my comment finds you well. I too am going through a tough time in my life. Sometimes I feel I am losing my mind. Do not be afraid, do not be weary. Turn to Him in all things and your life will be restored. I have seen God’s Hands working in my life and I pray He does the same for you. Don’t ever give up. Fight the good fight! Jonathan

10. James Collura says:

It is hard sometimes to praise when you are suffering. I have been suffering for almost two years and my faith is wavering

1. Lynn Stepp says:

James, we are praying for you. May God give you the strength you need. Blessings, Internet@BGEA

2. Ken says:

James, I’m so sorry for your suffering. Only Jesus can understand what you’re going through. He alone can sustain you in this season of life. It will help if you can be thankful to Him for all the blessings He has given you and then praise Him for His goodness. Remember He loves you. 1 Peter 5:10, Psalms 46:1