Life Changing Power

By   •   February 9   •   Topics: ,

man looking out window

One day, by a simple act of faith, I decided to take Jesus Christ at His word. I could not come by way of the intellect alone; no one can. That does not mean that we reject reason. God has given us minds and the ability to reason wherever reason is appropriate, but the final and decisive step is taken by faith. I came by faith. Does it work when a person comes, repenting of his sins, to receive Christ by faith? I can only tell you that it worked in my own life. Something did happen to me. I didn’t become perfect, but the direction of my life was changed. I found a new dimension to life. I found a new capacity to love that I had never known before.

The day I received You, Lord, it was a childlike act of faith. My whole life was changed!

1. leah Wunderlin Abbott says:

I still come back to Dr Graham to be the most influential of my teachers. I learned at a young age that if my grandmother believed in a ministers message that he was a great teacher to learn from. I was probably a out 4 or 5 the first time I really remember watching him. My grandmother was an Assembly of God minister, and I never want to let her memory be forgotten.

The day I took that step of FAITH, it was a step to discovering and fulfilling my destiny in CHRIST.

3. Laura Speer says:

I have faith that GOD will always show me the way He wants me to go. Without that faith I would be lost to this world. Praise GOD for His love.

4. Ed says:

Amen – Jesus is the answer!

5. Sam K says:

Going through a very difficult transition in my life, learning to trust Jesus all over again. Although my life is extremely blessed, here in my late 50’s I am struggling emotionally with loss of hope, depression, and not feeling like I have purpuse or direction. It’s probably common, but it is a long dark valley. Thank you for these devotions and please pray for me.

1. Mukil Varma says:

Brother. God bless you. Don’t worry. All your tears are in account of God.

2. Tim Carney says:

You are not alone Sam. I came to know Jesus over 25 years ago and I am going through the same trials as you. What keeps me going is knowing that All things- not a few or a couple- but All things work together for Good!!!

6. Gerry says:

I love the statement that Billy makes above “I didn’t become perfect but the direction of my life was changed”. How true that is and what an amazing and positive change that is……thank you Lord.

7. Pam Webster says:

Thank you for reminding me how simply my 58 year old walk began.

8. Cindi Humphrey says:

Amen! The direction of my life has changed too. God I is once again refining me in the fire. Like wheat kernels dropping on the threshing floor,, so is God getting rid of the old and keeping the best. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord,, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ Jeremiah 29:11 Thank you Dr Graham for posting this message. I needed this today. I am nothing without Jesus. May He be glorified in my life today and I pray with faith that after having an accidental fall 3 weeks ago, that He will heal the retina in my eye that was torn in 5 places, if that is His will for my life.. He is the GREAT PHYSICIAN and there is power in the blood that was shed for me and all people of the world if we walk by faith and not by sight. If not, it is well with my soul.

9. Margareta Cronholm says:

Thank you. Yes, Yes we believe in faith!