Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Jesus is Our Comforter

By   •   January 28   •   Topics: ,

man reaching for light

Christ is the answer to sorrow. When Harry Lauder, the great Scottish comedian, received word that his son had been killed in France, he said, “In a time like this, there are three courses open to man: He may give way to despair and become bitter. He may endeavor to drown his sorrow in drink or in a life of wickedness. Or he may turn to God.” In your sorrow, turn to God. There are thousands of people who have turned to God, but you may be still carrying your burdens. God begs of you, “Cast all your cares on me, for I care for you” (1 Peter 5:7). You who must go through the valley of the shadow of death, you who must say goodbye to those whom you have loved, you who suffer privation and misery, you who are unjustly persecuted for righteousness’ sake-take heart, take courage. Our Christ is more than adequate for sorrow.

In sorrow, Jesus, Your comfort will take all the bitterness and longing away and give me courage to face the heartache. Your grace will console me and Your arms will support me. Thank You, dear Lord.

1. david modep says:

very helpful and I can now put my trust him the more and more

2. roger f. pagayanan says:

thank you for the word of encouragement, i’m battling loneliness since my wife got stroke and still in icu, I’m casting my cares and anxiety to our God.

3. yeshi A. Katjikonde says:

Very true! I have seen the Lords hands in the time of sorrow. I am a living witness. Thank you Heavenly father for your words and comforts in the dark times

4. Myrna says:

I enjoy reading the daily devotion. It is very uplifting and it helps me a lot. Thanks! “God Is Love”

5. Myrna says:

Our God is an awesome God. He Loves us so much and cares for us. He’s always beside us and comforts us. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

6. vivian sanders says:

I need prayers.my son was killed in2012 in a car reck. I am lost inside and with our GOD. I have not turned to drinking but I have turned to smokeing.I also am upset and not going to church. I feel like my heart does not have feelings anymore. Please reply and send prayers for me.

7. Star says:

I have been struggling with grief since I lost 4 family members in 2007-2008. It was over whelming painful and have been in a deep depression over that. this post is so perfect and fitting. I know with Gods help this too will dissipate and I shall be an overcomer in Jesus.

8. MARY MUENI MAITHYA says:

Pray for me and my family

9. Charity Hope says:

I truly needed this today I have been in prayer non stop praying for an answer. My god shall supply all my needs he is such an amazing father!

10. Esther Chan says:

Prays the lord oh mighty, He knew everything even I did not say anything to no body. He is my God