Hope Beyond Death

By   •   August 31   •   Topics: ,

casket

We don’t like to talk about death; it’s the forbidden subject of our generation. Yet it’s real for all of us. Sometimes on television I see motion pictures featuring actors who are no longer living. They seem very much alive in the picture, but they are dead. Some of them were my personal friends. Death is real, and when we die, that is a battle we have to fight all alone. Nobody can be with us in that hour, but David said he had found an answer that would take the fear of death away. David said that there is an answer to death, there is a hope beyond death. That hope is centered in the risen Christ. Paul wrote that to be “absent from the body” is to be “present with the Lord.” So the fear of death is removed.

Lord Jesus, with complete trust I look toward that day when my soul will be with You for eternity.

1. agatha says:

Amen I receive it.

2. Jeannie roman says:

I know my best friend and mom is in heaven but I miss them so much.

3. liz says:

God comfort ur family and u. Rejoice for his struggles r over and he has eternial life and

4. Julia Grammer says:

In 4 mos my husband & daughter passed away. I know where they are,with Jesus. YourTV & internet words are very comforting to me. I am 87 yrs old & now live alone. Thanks for prayers.

5. Stacie says:

My mom (best friend, sister in Christ, only person that understood me) passed away 7/28/14. And it makes me happy to know that when she closed her eyes she saw our Lord and Saviour. No more pain and suffering. Now I just look forward to the day I will rejoice with her before my saviour, Jesus Christ.

6. Joyce Paul says:

Because of LOVE GOD sent HIS SON from Heaven’s Throne to earth, To rescue us from sin and death,
    A GIFT of PRICELESS WORTH!!! God Bless!

7. Dr.Kiyekhu Asumi says:

Jesus Christ is the only hope. I believe in Him and hope to be with him when I die.

8. Sandy Morgan says:

I pray for understanding and comfort. Not just for myself , but for mine & husbands children and our family and friends. My husband of almost 12 yrs. passed away Friday -August 15 , 2014 @ 4:30 pm
    He was a wonderful person , he was a Wounded Warrior with Stage 4 Renal Cell Sarcinoma.
    I pray for strength and comfort and hopefully some understanding with our loss.
    I pray for those who also grieving losses of their loved ones and friends.

1. Sandy says:

Sandy, I said a prayer of comfort for you and your family. It is so hard when we lose a loved one and we wonder why. I know one day you will be able to smile again as you begin to reflect on happier moments with your loved one, although you now feel like you never will. And you will also have moments when a memory will still make you ache. God, I ask you to heal these wounded hearts.

2. Justin Morrow says:

Sorry for your loss. Stay as close to God and your bible as possible each day. I lost my wife in a car accident 10 years ago. The understanding may never come on earth, but it will in heaven where our citizenship is. At first, it seems like minutes are days and it looks impossible to go on with life. Eventually those minutes become hours and the hole in your heart starts to heal. I find peace in comfort knowing my wife is in heaven with no more pain, suffering, tears, etc. and I will be reunited with her for eternity. It is now my job to comfort others who lose loved ones and make sure as many friends, family, and strangers pass the test on earth to get to heaven. God bless and stay strong in faith

3. Don says:

I am praying right now for you and your family Sandy. May the peace that only God can give be with you and your family. Stay strong and know you will see him again.

9. James H. Mitchell says:

I look forward to reading your Daily Devotion everyday. I just wish I could figure out how to receive it in my email. Thank you so much. God Bless.

10. Catherine says:

Life is so fleeting and precarious……difficult to understand death.