He Can Use Anyone

By   •   January 31   •   Topics:

cross with thorns

Helen Keller, who is a classic example of handling life’s handicaps, said, “I thank God for my handicaps, for through them I have found myself, my work, and my God.” Some people with handicaps drown themselves in self-pity, and thus limit their usefulness and service to mankind and to God. The Apostle Paul knew the pangs of suffering. He used his infirmity rather than allowing his infirmity to use him, and he used it for the glory of God. He seized everything, even death, to glorify his Lord. No matter which way fate turned, he was one jump ahead of it, and using it to magnify his Savior.

Even my handicaps can be used by You, Lord Jesus. Like the Apostle Paul, let me rise above them for Your glory.

1. Donna Moore says:

I always remember what you said, Just keep talking to God. He s always listening.

2. Marcus Eyer says:

Yes he really can?

3. Steve Richie says:

My disability is a Traumatic Brain Injury which partially paralyzed my entire right side, processing of thoughts is extremely slow and difficult. I have not had meaningful employment in over twenty years and was even fired from a volunteer position at a local hospital because of that, or was it my lack of dexterity, or inability to find the correct word while speaking or a host of other issues. I have been turned down by the Goodwill Industries and the Salvation Army.

My daughter reminds me of the many different churches we’ve begun (always with high hopes) because she wants to settle on only one (me too) but we cannot because though treated magnificently at the start, that soon fades into one of avoidance.

I write daily and that does give me some peace, but how can I, no how can we, serve the Lord?

4. Agbate Francis O says:

Lord Jesus l give myself to be use of you daily,in your wonderful name.Amen.

5. Linda says:

I think that sometimes the real handicap is self-pity and the delusion that one is worthless. Sometimes even completely healthy people with everything and every available opportunity give them selves over to the idea that they cant do anything. As Christians we are hypocritical if we do not say Lord here I am use me… God is always faithful. The Scripture says that when I am at my weakest that is when God is at his strongest. I have been disabled for 26 years… when things seem impossible I hear the song ” He who began a good work in me will be faithful to complete it!” I live amazed every day. God has let me do exploits! And the adventure is continuing Thank you Jesus!

6. Jeff Golden says:

Wonderful prayer, God Bless! Jeff

7. cliffy says:

Thank you for being such a great example of Christ

8. Aimee Smith says:

Just wanted to say that I am handicapped myself and sometimes It feels good to hear stuff like that Because it’s not always that you hear good positive things like that

9. Jeremiah Johnson says:

I have a Disability called Spina Bifida, but I work as a Ticket Taker at Harkins Theater and I don’t let my disability get in the way of my job for the Lord who gave me this job to be a shining example of him and to all the people that come through my ticket booth.

10. Evelyn Ortiz says:

When Dr. B. Graham had a campaign in Puerto Rico many years ago, I had the privilege to serve as an usher…. that has been one of the most beautiful and gratifying experiences in my life. The atmosphere was “out of this world” and I didn’t want it to end.