Happiness

By   •   March 14   •   Topics:

smiling woman

King George V wrote on the flyleaf of the Bible of a friend, “The secret of happiness is not to do what you like to do, but to learn to like what you have to do.” Too many think of happiness as some sort of will-o’-the-wisp thing that is discovered by constant and relentless searching. It is not found by seeking. It is not an end in itself. Pots of gold are never found at the end of the rainbow, as we used to think when we were children; gold is mined from the ground or panned laboriously from a mountain stream.

Jesus once told His disciples, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” The “things” He spoke of were the things that make us feel happy and secure—food, drink, clothes, shelter. He told us not to make these the chief goal of our lives but to “seek the kingdom” and these needs would be automatically supplied. There, if we will take it, is the secret of happiness.

Forgive me, Father, for the times when I am anxious. You have promised to take care of all my needs.

1. Baitshephi says:

It was such a wonderful inspiration

2. Margareta Cronholm says:

Thank you, and forgive me Lord for sometimes beeing afraid. For me the Cross makes me totaly calm and satisfied and happy. Lord Jesus I am so greatful to be loved byYou.

3. Laide Akinboile says:

Today, we believed in our wealth which make our heart to be far from God,what we need now is to go back to our first love-God.then we will have true happiness.God bless you the more Sir.

4. Barry Johnson says:

I thank God for saving my soul. God led me to this devotional page. Reading it daily has helped me through my daily life. Today’s devotional is exceptionally good. Thank you for providing these devotionals. Thank God for providing salvation for us.

5. prince jack says:

That’s much true we seek for things not the kingdom,whic is wrong.Gods principles are simple and straight but the devils normally cover it so that we don’t see.I pray the we may see the reality from Gods perspective unlike seeing the other way.

6. Gerry says:

I have no idea what today holds for me but whatever it is I know God will be there. Thank you Lord for your Amazing Grace.

7. Prajwal says:

Thank you Lord Jesus for taking care of us.

8. Lenore Haight says:

Glad I found this devotional. Please keep it coming daily. thank you

9. Lenore Haight says: