Gladness on Sunday

By   •   June 9   •   Topics: ,

two women talking

A lot of people get what I call “Sunday-itis” on Sunday mornings. Do you know what Sunday-itis is? It attacks the victim shortly before breakfast on Sunday morning. It is accompanied by a feeling of weakness and lethargy. Sometimes the victim has a slight headache which is aggravated by the ringing of the church bells in the community. But the disease is of short duration, usually disappearing about noon, when the victim is able to eat a full dinner and play golf in the afternoon. But the symptoms usually appear again about 7:30 Sunday evening, and then disappear until the next Sunday morning.

May I always have the gladness that David had, as each Sunday I prepare to worship You in Your house, heavenly Father.

1. Pam says:

2. Grant Preston says:

3. Carolyn lowry says:

I love Billy Graham. He is an inspiration to me always. God has worked through him in a mighty way. Pray for my family. Thank you. God bless you.

4. D.S.Rajsekhar, Triplicane, Chennai. says:

Air and water are vital for sustenance. For Abraham Worship meant Sacrificing Isaac whom he loved. Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you, The backslider gets bored with himself; the godly man’s life is exciting. Jesus gives rest to the weary and heavy-laden believers.His yoke is easy and His commandments are not a burden (not grievous). May all our days count only for Him Who bore our sins. Amen.

5. Ed says:

So true! Amen.

6. Gerry says:

Sunday worship is vital. However every effort should be made to have a quiet time of worship and bible study each and every day. This will benefit your steady spiritual growth and servitude.

7. Joyce Paul says:

God, Who has given so much to us, gives one more thing__ A Grateful Heart. Glory to God! Amen. God bless us! Amen.

1. eleanor says:

I look forward to each sunday to go to church to worship my amazing Savior who gives me strength for each week.