Get in the Word

By   •   January 9

woman reading Bible

As Christians, we have the Spirit of God in us. But ours is the responsibility to keep sin out of our lives so that the Spirit can produce His fruit in us. Become grounded in the Bible. As Christians, we have only one authority, one compass: the Word of God. Abraham Lincoln in a letter to a friend said, “I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance upon faith. You will live and die a better man.” Begin the day with the Book; and as the day comes to a close, let the Word speak its wisdom to your soul. Let it be the firm foundation upon which your hope is built. Let it be the Staff of Life upon which your spirit is nourished. Let it be the Sword of the Spirit which cuts away the evil of your life and fashions you in His image and likeness.

Almighty God, Your Word nourishes my whole being and I praise Your holy name!

1. Edward says:

Todays Daily Devotion hit the nail on the head. I awake early (about 5am) and do about an hour Bible study. This prepares me for the day with peace, caring and love. It seems my whole demeanor changed when I started doing this.

2. Mrs Tina Stephen says:

Father God, grant Billy Graham a good healthy living till you call him home in Jesus name. I am blessed with his daily words of encouragement.

3. Niwagaba martin says:

every time i listen to billy graham preaching on our local TV here in Uganda its as if he knows me and he real wants me to change. am blessed every time i listen to his teachings

4. Laura Speer says:

Praise God for HIS holy word, the Bible. If we study and believe HIS word we will reap all the rewards HE promises us.

5. Joe says:

Thank you for Your Word Dear Lord.

6. Gerry says:

By far, the most important book ever written is the Bible. God’s Holy Living Word is available and essential if you wish to know and serve God.

7. Joyce Paul says:

The Fruit of Spirit grows in the soil of Obedience. Each of us need to ask,”What Kind of Soil Am I” The Lord wants to plant His Word in our hearts so we can grow in our Knowledge of HIM! God Richly Bless U n Ur BGEA Ministries! amen.

8. Frank DeLaCruz says:

NEED JESUS DAILY

9. Betvania R Louback says:

I want to live like this… having the word of God going deep in my thoughts and dreams, directing my whole being.

10. Ben Akpan says:

I was so touched by this enlightening piece. The grace to keep away from sins so as to enliven the spirit of God in us to bear the required fruits. Prayer: God help me to live right with you and flee from sins, in Jesus Name I pray, Amen