Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Mr. Graham’s ministry continues daily through the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, which has taken the Gospel to more than 200 countries and territories in 2014. If every person reading this page gave $5, we would exceed our online fundraising goals for the year. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

Thank you for spending some of your devotion time with us. Please consider a donation today. If you’re unable to give, we ask that you pray for us as you feel led. Thank you.

$
×

Forgiveness in Marriage

By   •   June 20   •   Topics: ,

couple arguing

It is unfortunate in a marriage if there is an array of sordid memories of past sins on the part of either partner. If young people could only realize that a happy marriage depends not only on the present, but upon the past, they would be more reluctant to enter into loose, intimate relations with anyone and everyone. Many a marriage has been imperiled by the backlash of past sins, which were not just confessed, but “found out.”

As to the necessity of confessing past sins to one’s mate, I don’t think it is always advisable or necessary. I have known of homes that were wrecked by such confessions. The main thing is to confess any past wrongs to God, resolve to be true to your marriage vows; and absolve the black past by a spotless present.

Thank You for forgiving and forgetting the past. Help me to do the same, Lord.

1. LISA DALTON says:

I love your minsitry and all you do! Thank you1

2. Tinia S. says:

Thank the lord jesus christ for the lord thank God thank the holy ghost

3. Gerry says:

Lay all your past transgressions at God’s feet. He is faithful to forgive every one them. Then ask in prayer for the inner strength not to repeat them.

4. Veena Kumar says:

What a powerful ministry because spreading the gospel of Jesus christ

5. Therese Rosanna Peiris Arnold says:

1 Samuel 16:7 – Very timely as always………….. May God sharpen your Spiritual ears and eyes as never before and I thank the Lord for you each time I think of you……….as you adhere to His Word which says be innocent as a dove and sharp as a serpent ……….God’s Richest Blessings…….Psalm 91:16.

6. Joyce Paul says:

Christianity is not just CHRIST in us, but CHRIST living HIS life through us. LOVE is the power of good life.
    God Bless us all. still need your healing prayer. God Bless you! amen.

1. Urica Rogers says:

thanks for that encouragement…

7. Olu Adigun says:

I’m totally enjoying and being blessed by Billy Graham ‘s articles on marriage, and related issues. It’s timely and spiritual and mature. Thank you!

8. Tara Monrose says:

How much is too much? Should we just keep forgiving the same sin over and over? If my spouse was truly sorry why would he keep making the same mistake over and over. I love him and I know that God calls us to forgive but does that make me a doormat that he can just do what he wants because he knows I will forgive him?

1. Sarah says:

Marriage is the picture of Christ love for us, we are to love as Christ loves us. I wonder if Christ has said those words? I wonder how many times He has felt like a doormat, probably never, but we have treated Him as such and in return, He still Loved us. You need to be Show your husband Christs love.

2. Cheri says:

God calls us to forgive, not to be a doormat. What message are we sending to non-believers? That being a Christian means letting people walk all over you and treat you poorly?! I think not. Forgiveness does not equate to continual abuse or subjecting ourselves to hurt. My question is, what is he doing to work towards not making the same mistake over and over? Is he accountable to anyone, besides you? Have you set boundaries with him? Is he willing to do whatever it takes to regain trust?

9. Diane Webb says:

Spiritual forgiveness for me and my spouse…………..resulting in financial prosperity.