Energy Under Control

By   •   June 26   •   Topics:

A harnessed horse contributes much more to life than a wild donkey. Energy out of control is dangerous; energy under control is powerful. God does not discipline us to subdue us, but to condition us for a life of usefulness and blessedness. In His wisdom He knows that an uncontrolled life is an unhappy life, so He puts reins on our wayward souls that they may be directed into the “paths of righteousness.” That is what God seeks to do with us; to tame us, to bring us under proper control, to redirect our energies. He does in the spiritual realm what science does in the physical realm. Science takes a Niagara River with its violent turbulence and transforms it into electrical energy to illuminate a million homes and to turn the productive wheels of industry.

Direct all my energy, Father, so that I may be a blessing to others.

1. Gerry says:

I thank God very much that he cares enough to offer direction in my Christian walk. I only wish I would follow his Word more consistently. It can be very frustrating at times when I know what to do and fail to do it. Missed opportunities are difficult to get back.

2. Joyce Paul says:

When we walk with the Lord in the Light of His Word, what a Glory He shed on our way! While we do His good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust n obey. Amen. God bless us! Amen.

3. Barb Thompson says:

Thank you Franklin,for a voice(of truth) crying in the wilderness.It is so encouraging to know that some one is holding the line of standing on The Word of God,in this age of compromise.We greatly appreciate you.May you always stay strong and bold for God!!!!

4. Diana says:

Billy Graham is The BEST!!!!!!!!!!

5. Gerry says:

Seek the Lord every sunrise. Ask him how you may serve him. Then thank him every evening for his wonderful blessings.

6. Joyce Paul says:

It’s comfort to know that God loves us enough to pursue and restore us with HIS loving discipline.
    Praise The LORD!!! Dr Graham thanks for beautiful message, God Bless you abundantly! amen.