Die to Yourself

By   •   April 4

young man praying

In God’s economy, you must go down into the valley of grief before you can scale the heights of spiritual glory. You must become tired and weary of living alone before you seek and find the fellowship of Christ. You must come to the end of self before you begin to live. The mourning of inadequacy is a weeping that catches the attention of God. The Bible says, “The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” The happiest day of my life was when I realized that my own ability, my own goodness, and my own morality was insufficient in the sight of God; and I publicly and openly acknowledged my need of Christ. I am not exaggerating when I say that my mourning was turned to joy, and my sighing into singing.

In the valleys I have been drawn closer to You, my God and Comforter.

1. bisi shittu says:

awesome

2. Joel Allen says:

So grateful for Dr. Graham’s tweets and devotionals. I read everyday. I’ve been paralyzed from a stroke for two years. Brain tumor and surgery 17 years ago. The devotionals have been very encouraging. Thank you Dr. Graham.

3. Settuba Ronald says:

We are so blessed here in Uganda with your word from the throne of God.

4. Gerry says:

Once you accept the fact that you cannot do much on your own power life will get better . Lean on God every time

5. Eunice Atieno says:

My heart finds peace anytime I read the daily devotions.

6. Laura Speer says:

I had to fall to the threshold of hell before I realized how much I needed my Heavenly Father. Through His love and forgiveness I have been saved and have no desire to fall away again. Once you know the true power of GOD you never want to stray. I Praise my Lord and Savior, and all I truly want is to spend eternal life with Him. His gift of His Son is the greatest gift we could ever receive and we should thank GOD every day for what He has given us, “His Son Jesus Christ”.

7. ron banaszak says:

Please pray for my wife and I that God will repair a broken marriage and make us one family, one accord with the Lord.

8. Joyce Paul says:

The Cross of CHRIST reveals man’s sin at its worst and God’s Love at its Best! God Richly Bless n mightily use you, Franklin Graham, Will Graham, Anne Graham n BGEA! Amen.

9. Kathleen Mason says:

The daily devotions are great, the perfect way to start my day!